Been there, done that. Refused to buy the t-shirt

Stingo

Visit site
Where was I at some stage last year?
aerial.jpg

snowleopard

Visit site
Here's another. The contrast between 10 ft of water inside the reef and the deep ocean outside is incredible. When you are anchored to windward of the islands there is no land between you and Africa. Incredible.

What is the mooring situation these days?

tobagocays.jpg

djk

Visit site
We were slightly disappointed with Tobago Cays. Very beautiful spot but very crowded when we anchored there way back in 2000!
Saltwhistle Bay nearby was our perfect spot. Only about 6 to 8 places to anchor in a fairly small bay and better protected from the prevailing wind. Perfect sandy beach and a local fisherman barbequed the best crayfish I've ever eaten.

stephenh

Visit site
"Very beautiful spot but very crowded" - djk

What time of the year were you there ?

I was there ( in Stingo 1 ! ) mid May 2009, we anchored between Bateau and Rameau, only one other yacht - just like Snowleopards photo.

Stayed overnight and in the morning we were the only yacht in view.....

capnsensible

www.herculessailing.com
I largely seem to end up with a long bit of fishing line with no lure or fish on it.

Every fish I ever caught must now have cost over 50 quid each.

The T shirts are for posing in, December, UK.

Have you noticed how the girls on French boats dont have much of a laundry bill at all??

Oh, yeah, stupid question........

RichardS

N/A
Visit site
Saltwhistle Bay nearby was our perfect spot. Only about 6 to 8 places to anchor in a fairly small bay and better protected from the prevailing wind. Perfect sandy beach and a local fisherman barbequed the best crayfish I've ever eaten.

We bought our tee shirts (4 - all with sailing slogans!) from the stall on the beach at Saltwhistle Bay. Lovely spot :) Anchored close into the beach and swam ashore although the bottom was weedy and I had to push the CQR point into the sand by hand to get it to bite.

Plenty of mooring buoys in Tobago Cays if you didn't feel like anchoring when we were there in August 2008. It wasn't that busy and there were quite a few buoys (or balls as the locals call them) not taken.

Happy memories which will be repeated one day!

Richard