ATIS ID

eddystone

Visit site
The instructions for setting up my new ICOM VHF are ambiguous. On the one hand it says ATIS ID also needs to be set after MMSI input (except for USA and Australian versions) but the page on inputting ATIS ID says "for Dutch and German versions". Why not French - they have commercial inland waterways? Obviously I'm not going to input ATIS ID a) because I haven't got one and b) no plans to go through inland waterways in continental Europe. Can it be added at a later date if required?

st599

Visit site
It takes about 30secs to get one if you do need to input it. Just add ATIS to your ships radio licence on the Ofcom website and a new licence will be emailed with the ATIS ID.

Plum

Visit site
The instructions for setting up my new ICOM VHF are ambiguous. On the one hand it says ATIS ID also needs to be set after MMSI input (except for USA and Australian versions) but the page on inputting ATIS ID says "for Dutch and German versions". Why not French - they have commercial inland waterways? Obviously I'm not going to input ATIS ID a) because I haven't got one and b) no plans to go through inland waterways in continental Europe. Can it be added at a later date if required?
In addition to what st599 said, it depends on which model of ICOM you have. If you bought the EURO version, based on the ones I have used, the ATIS ID can only be entered by a dealer, not the user. I assume only the Dutch and German versions are user programmable and I have never seen a French version so they must use the default EURO one.

If you are not going to use the European Inland Waters then do nothing

Last edited: