Are you there ?

SpottyDog5

Visit site
I've only been on here for just over 15 years, I used spend a lot of time enjoying the posts and banter.
I have met some great friends along the way, so its been great.
I only occasionally pop on now and again for a nose, as I feel the forum has "lost its way" a bit.
Its nice to see some of the old names popping up, I do wonder are there many still "lurking, but not posting" like me ?
Come on, fess up, don't be shy !!

Clunk

Visit site
Here, but the input I have seems quite irrelevant due to the years of experience that most members seem to have behind them, so I guess here on the basis of trying to learn something.

Piers

www.playdeau.com
Started boating around 5 years old whilst Dad taught me row and scull his clinker built dinghy in Jersey. This led to me building a wooden Otter Sports 2 seat canoe in my teens. All went quiet on the boating front whilst I went to flying college and became a pilot with BOAC / BA. But, a mid-life crisis at 40 saw me buying a Fletcher 21 Arrowbolt with a 175 Yam, reawakening my passion for boating. This soon led to a Cougar 35 Predator, Princess V39 and finally a Fleming 55 in 2003.

After 18 years of ownership, we sold our Fleming 55 (Play d'eau) in Oct 2021 and have been boatless ever since. A head versus heart decision. That's around 65 years of boating. Hence my quietness on the forum.

I keep staring out to sea....

colhel

Visit site
Okay briefly.
Family holiday in Bude and we're all sat round the dinner table. Somehow the subject of boat names came up. Mark, my Brother in Law mentions a boat named Play d'eau owned by a former colleague. When I said I know a boat with the same name.. . In Guernsey, owned by a chap called Piers. Is his wife called Lyn? he asks. Yes, I said, she washed my shirt, I had to have the boat tour topless.
Maybe not that exciting a story after all, but a pretty big coincidence.And, one of the reasons I've stuck with YBW, I've met some great people, formed friendships and gained loads of help.