Anyone know the correct term for one of these

oGaryo

Visit site
I've been asked by someone how much I'd sell it for and considering I really don't know what it is exactly, I'm at a loss what value to put on it. Purchased on a whim a few years back as it looked like fun for my lads... never got used

Anyone know what its correct name is please and what I should be asking as a sell price? Googling suggests it may be a sit on Kayak or Surf Ski? It's a little over 10ft in length and made of fibreglass

$T2eC16JHJFsFFR9i5zjgBRdD7zTyYg~~60_12.JPG

$T2eC16JHJHcFFkLzB4,9BRdD7gdH2Q~~60_12.JPG

$T2eC16hHJGMFFoO3!S,TBRdD7jRhRQ~~60_12.JPG

All I know is it was made in 1984 and has the word Ski Safari written on it and was sold / made by Cornish Fibre Sports.

many thanks

l'escargot

Visit site
What does it most look like upside down - a surf board or a canoe? That profile looks like a surf board to me which would put it in the surf ski category. A sit on top kayak would have more of a canoe profile.

Robg71

Visit site
Looks like a wave ski, surf ski....
I used to have one from a company called raider (company no more) wave skis, in gower, swansea. But they had lap straps so you could roll back up after a dunking. They were awesome fun.

Slightly off topic, anybody know of any manufacturers or suppliers in the uk....Tsunami, dirty habit... Ocean rocket...

P4Paul

Visit site
Gaz,

Many years ago when I was a surfer dud with the hair and the tan back home in Bude, they were known to us as surf canoes. They were introduced to the Bude surfers by the Aussie founder of the Bude Surf Life Saving Club who brought one over with him.

Cheers
Paul.

(I have changed mobile number, you should have received a text over the weekend)

timgriffin

www.griffmarineservices.co.uk
It’s a lifesaving surf ski often use by the Australians for both lifesaving and racing. The people here will should be able to give you more info and a possible value.
http://www.ukriversguidebook.co.uk/forum

Yup I would go for rescue ski although not the same colours as mine Red and Yellow they are very good fun in small surf , but I perfer the Malibu board for the big stuff.
Tim