Anybody here know much about travel hoists?

Stingo

Visit site
Go on, Roger, think about the priorities of the locals i.e. rebuilding their homes and getting food and medicines to Carriacou, as has been mentioned in this thread. " Rich", foreign yachtie problems will register a big, fat zero on the priorities scale.

geem

Visit site
Interestingly, locals have been seen helping out in the mangroves extracting the pile of yachts. There is a very good relationship between locals and cruisers in Carriacou. The yachties help lots of good initiatives in Carriacou when life was pre hurricane. In time of need when the yachties need some help, it works both ways. Paying locals to assist is a good way of ensuring they have some cash to feed themselves when currently their normal day job may have disappeared. The locals need assistance. Paying them is a win win.

rogerthebodger

Visit site
Interestingly, locals have been seen helping out in the mangroves extracting the pile of yachts. There is a very good relationship between locals and cruisers in Carriacou. The yachties help lots of good initiatives in Carriacou when life was pre hurricane. In time of need when the yachties need some help, it works both ways. Paying locals to assist is a good way of ensuring they have some cash to feed themselves when currently their normal day job may have disappeared. The locals need assistance. Paying them is a win win.

Totally agree I have a similar relationship with some of the locals where I live and STINGO probably know some of them.

It's all a matter of helping each other in times of need rather than being distant and aloof

Sea Change

Visit site
Go on, Roger, think about the priorities of the locals i.e. rebuilding their homes and getting food and medicines to Carriacou, as has been mentioned in this thread. " Rich", foreign yachtie problems will register a big, fat zero on the priorities scale.
I agree, which is why it's all the more frustrating to have a foreign salvage company come steaming straight in and demanding that we use their services. We're in no hurry, rebuilding the island must take priority.