Another Inflatable Dinghy Question

jusw

Visit site
I have a YAM inflatable - It's 10 or more years old and the black "rubber" moulding that is bonded to the tubes and support the transom is coming away from the tube.

It needs re sticking - but with what? and what sort of preparation is requirted? and do you do it with the boat inflated or not?

I look forward to your response.

JuSw

ctva

Visit site
Most chandlers will have repair glue specifically for inflatables. I can't remember what the YAM is made from but make sure it's the correct variaty of glue. I'd imagine that the tubes would need to be inflated to rebond the transom as it would then be held in the correct shape.

My old YAM was great and well made but I sold it about 3 years ago. Still got a 3.3m one. Well worth the time to repair it.

Good luck.

nickf

Visit site
My Yam is seven/eight years old - the section joining the grey tubes and wood transom is dark blue. Two years ago the section started coming away from the wooden section. I used this glue. My Yam is PVC)
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RIB-Inflatabl...tEquipment_Accessories_SM&hash=item3a64a1402e

If link doesnt work just search "Rib glue" on ebay. It is a two part PVC glue which is still holding for me between wood and PVC - should be even better between the two PVC parts.

Follow instructions and do it inflated.