Another boating day, another boating disaster (long rant with a few pics)

• Thread starter Deleted User YDKXO
  • Start date

John100156

Visit site
Mike,

I trust you and SWMBO will recover soon, thats all that really matters; as I read through your post, my feelings ranged from amusement, through horror to sadness..! Don't need too many trips like that, my last one was in 2009 and I hope it's not repeated for a while!

Think of it as an opportunity to show your resolve/resilience, better this than sitting at home in the UK moaning only of the weather!

I reckon you'll be better-off finding a strip/band of leather coloured to completely contrast what you already have! That's what would upset me the most, the rest is just boating for you!

Great post - really enjoyed the pictures, looks a fantastic area to berth a boat even with the problems experienced!

You're now due 5 years completely trouble free......... and if you believe that!

benjenbav

Visit site
The synchronised swimming looks pretty good. But the antibiotics would have you stripped of any Olympic medals.

Keep smiling.

hlb

RIP
Visit site
Begining to think I'm gad I gave up boating. Ok I gave up for health reasons, I could not walk.

But looking back, the stress, of wondering if some one would turn up, or not, to mend the boat, mostly they did not.

Eventually you ring the second bloke, who's guarenteed to turn up at exactly the same time as the first bloke.

They chin wag and decide that you were a rubbish customer anyway.

The third guy who actually turns up, is always three times more expencive than the two that did not.

Loved the boats for 20 odd years, and sold the last one for half price, but after a few months without, I'm not far from breaking even.

Boats used to be a fun, but expencive entertainment.

Now it's just a mugs game.

MapisM

Visit site
Boats used to be a fun, but expencive entertainment.
Now it's just a mugs game.
Naah H, they're still the same fun and expensive entertainment, nothing new under the sun.
Just look at this thread: against all odds, this weekend M will be boating again, heading for one of the nicest Croatian islands.
When we look back at the good old days and we think they were better, most of the time it's just because we were younger... :)

martin

Visit site
great story Deleted User

Thank you very much....it made me laugh out loud....
And oh yes, i have been there a few times myself.. I must tell you my Friday the 13th story sometime. In fact, somone should start a sticky thread that lists all our worst stories..

why oh why do we do it..lord knows...eventualy we will give it up...but until then, as someone said before, even the worst day boating is better than the best day in the office..and what stories would you telll in the office if not these ones...no one wants to hear how great it was every weekend..

M