Anchors. I hate to do this but...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Visit site
http://www.petersmith.net.nz/boat-anchors/classification-certificate.php

If I have not posted the link correctly go to Peter's website, www.petersmith.net.nz and follow the links - .

In fairness, I'm pretty sure that that shows the same document that Bambury posted on #707 a few days ago. It's still not a certificate, but that's another matter.

I think you are right about taking this up with RINA. Unless the Rocna website is sorted out soon (that is days, not weeks) I'll certainly be taking up the Rocna claim that
The Rocna anchor range has RINA type approval and SHHP classification. Its facilities are RINA approved and individual anchor certification can be provided on request.

They have said they need time to sort out the site but they have shown us today that they have the computer skills to carry out detective work. Perhaps they should now be using their detection skills on their own site.

Djbangi

Visit site
Rocna

Hi Steve,

I note in your post, No 750, you will continue and 'provide independent evidence of the quality of materials we ( ie you) use'. This is most refreshing. These are your words and if you like - your promise and committment.

Can you confirm the specification of the steels you use now and have used in the past for your galvanised anchors in China and the quality of steels you used when the anchors were made in New Zealand and Canada. Not asking for sources, not asking for anything confidential just asking for 'evidence of the quality of materials used' as you indicated in your contribution No 750.

It is a real pleasure to note that you are willing to work to clarify the position of the Rocna brand name and allow the product to enjoy the status it demands. I am sure that with hard evidence of your new openness you will find many forum readers will openly support your activity and many doubters will be fully convinced of the level of your integrity. There will be a few other questions that forum members might like to raise - but this is one of your choosing and is a good place to start.

Djbangi

Visit site
Test Certificate

Rigger,

You are quite correct the document on Peter Smith's website and the one posted by Steve Bambury (that I missed) are one and the same. Peter seems to imply, represents that his documents is a RINA certificate. However as you say the document posted by Steve is actually meaningless. It does not say they passed any test, in fact it does not say what the test was - it just says they were tested (might have failed) and that the test was conducted under RINA rules - a bit useless really.

Why did it take so long between test and document - and surely Holdfast wanted a bit more than that? They seem easily pleased.

Visit site
Why did it take so long between test and document - and surely Holdfast wanted a bit more than that? They seem easily pleased.

I don't know. Neither does Steve Bambury. He reckons that he's been charged $50,000 by RINA but can't understand that they won't release a certificate. Maybe the bill hasn't been paid?

Maybe he's building up a litigation fund to ward off Linox Technology?
Word is that there's action in hand from CNC Procut, who were the NZ manufacturers before being dumped in favour of China.

So many questions. So few answers. :)

PS. I see that the Anchorsmith is viewing this thread as I write. Maybe he'll tell us? :p

Last edited:

CONGO

Visit site
Alternatives

Dosent matter how good or bad a product is, if you dont like what the racno comapany has now shown its self to be, what it stands for* * * * *then have a conscience, if you purchase an anchor from this company you will have no idea of what it is made off and you are supporting their coarse, that makes you no better, if you like the design there are plenty of alternatives, take a look at the new spade with the roll bar, a good product, company producing anchors with superior performance than a racno anchor any way.

Regards .
Rex.

Anchor Right Australia.

Status
Not open for further replies.