Hasla - 2024 views

laika

Visit site
Have you looked at Royal Clarence - excellent shelter and facilities, nice staff and not too pricey
I loved Clarence when we were there 10 years ago. Aquavista who took over castle marinas are .. not great. I've had emails telling me my electricity bill is overdue before the bill has been issued. They charge contractors entry (which obviously they pass on) and have some weird **** shit about insisting that if you sell your boat you must do it through one of their approved brokers. The manager though seems very competent in spite of aquavista

Gixer

Visit site
I brought my wife down for a visit on Sunday to see what she thought of the place.
We arrived at 11:45 and as the weather was good I expected to find parking a problem. It was a breeze with plenty of places in the visitor car park. We walked down to the lightship for lunch but it’s way too fancy for us! 😀 I won’t tell you where we ended up….
Left about 15:00 and got home in 1 1/2 hours.
Need to do some more testing but I think I’m going to bring the boat down for a year or so..

ashtead

Visit site
You were wise to avoid the Lightship for food -just a shame you weren’t able to visit a few years ago as it’s gone distinct off course since. A burger at the Creek is usually a safe bet.

lustyd

Visit site
You were wise to avoid the Lightship for food
The new menu this year is even better than last. They also started doing "small plates" on top deck. The waiting staff are a little green but overall service was fine and I'm sure will improve once they have a few weeks practice.

ashtead

Visit site
Happy to try if the costs for small plates are suitably adjusted. On our pontoon there hasn’t been a lot of positive feedback on lightship cuisine but admittedly last year. I would have thought they just need to look at the menu at the old fort in Seaview or venues in Yarmouth to make improvements though. Even the crab shack floating in Bembridge harbour can serve up a good meal after all .