Anchor Tripping

Roberto

sybrancaleone.blogspot.com
So, in conclusion, if you anchor with dangerous beasties in areas where there are a myriad of submerged yachts, trees and the lost city of Atlantas surrounded by a crowd of numpties dropping chain everywhere and ploughing randomly across the anchorage, you might be better to attach a tripping line, or seek a better anchorage. For everyone else save yourself the heartache, relax and keep a snorkel in the bilge for good luck.
More or less so :)
Not sure why you see all this fuss for a tripping line, mine can be shackled to anchor and chain in a matter of seconds, it follows the chain up and down I can leave it there and change as many anchorages as I want. Only problem when there are weeds it collects as much as chain. FWIW it's type E of this graph; type F would be perfect for warm waters and good swimmers, a short line with a float one hardly notices anything, if need be one just dives and hooks a longer line,
How I hate the anchor trip line
Of course in home waters where I basically know the anchorages as the palm of my hands I hardly ever use it.

RupertW

Visit site
There is a world of difference between freeing a fouled propeller at three feet below the surface, and freeing a fouled anchor at thirty feet below the surface. (Imperial measurements for non metrics).
My skill set definitely does not include the latter.
It probably should - 10m is easy to free dive down to although the issue really is how much breath you have at the bottom to do the necessary work.

Zing

Visit site
It probably should - 10m is easy to free dive down to although the issue really is how much breath you have at the bottom to do the necessary work.
I’d think twice about how easy, also particularly how safe that is. The last time I did it I got bad cramp in one leg as I arrived at the bottom. Almost totally seized up. I had to use the good one and arms to get to the surface. I nearly died and was scared enough to vow never again. It’s scuba now every time.