A berth in Vannes

stranded

Visit site
This afternoon I received an email from the Capitainerie in the delighful Brittany town of Vannes offering me a pontoon berth in the marina.

I have been on the waiting list for 4-1/2 years.

I sold my boat last week! :cry:

View attachment 177476
Oh no! TBH if I were in your position and it were possible I would buy any old boat to keep the spot, so much do I love Vannes.

We are newish on the list and expect to have to wait 10yrs + 😒

stranded

Visit site
In fact, do you know whether it is possible to change boat and keep your place on the list - assuming the same size. Our 10 years will take us into the sort of territory where we are uncertain we will be able to keep sailing, so a timely switch to a stylish old motorboat might be in order.

Poignard

Visit site
In fact, do you know whether it is possible to change boat and keep your place on the list - assuming the same size. Our 10 years will take us into the sort of territory where we are uncertain we will be able to keep sailing, so a timely switch to a stylish old motorboat might be in order.
The offer merely states: 'pour un bateau d’une longueur de 8.60m'. It does not mention the name or type of boat.

Roberto

sybrancaleone.blogspot.com
Yes the berth is for whatever boat fits the category.
I am in their waiting list as well, probably 7-8 years waiting time... I currently have an annual contract (since 2005) with another port owned by the same managing company (CPM), they allow berth swaps with someone else having the same contract in another port; needless to say it's quite difficult to find an interested part as there is no web site nor other lists, one can only leave a note in their "Annonces".

John_Silver

allatseawithstargazer.blogspot.com
Something like this might make an economical placeholder. Could be 'extended' to 8.6m with the addition of a sturdy bowsprit and/or bumpkin, perhaps? (Spotted in L'Aber Wrac'h on Wednesday)

P1480475(2).JPG

Last edited:

Frogmogman

Visit site
Divine intervention to make you buy another boat.

The waiting list system in the Morbihan has been massively improved by lumping all the ports together and giving people a “golden date” for when they applied.(tho’ I believe Vannes is not part of this system).

I was slightly astonished to be offered a place at ile aux moines within a year of applying; as it happens I’d already found my berth in St Quay, which I now have no intention of forsaking.

Last edited:

Buck Turgidson

Visit site
What you need is an EU Vat status Twister mate, I know where there is one but I don't think she's for sale. Well not at a price any sane man would pay 😂😂