90/180 days

Caladh

Visit site
As you ask then no I don't agree. The UK offered normal controlled travel for 180. The EU rejected reciprocity and gave limited 90 day travel that was already planned to be controlled by the known implementation of ETIAS. The EU has several 180 day controlled agreements with 3rd countries. I can't think of an uncontrolled one. Moving on I don't see the relevance of work categories in a thread on leisure travel but hayho....!
Here you twisting the facts. Once we came out of the EU we became “3rd country” and are bound by their rules to enter the EU - 90 in 180. The U.K. did not and could not “offer” reciprocity, only the EU could “offer” it. The U.K. rejected and continue to reject any negotiation on the issue. Hence the CA and other interested parties push to the U.K. government to address what is in effect an unequal situation.

Graham376

Boat on Mooring off Faro, Home near Abergele
Visit site
Yes from 3rd countries........but not with uncontrolled movement as was requested by the EU of the UK. It was this that the UK rejected so the EU adopted the default 90 day visa free travel which in effect ends with ETIAS. The UK continued with 180 day controlled travel. But as mentioned above this is murky waters and maybe best left for all to have their own opinions on it and leave it at that as it is what it is...?

Forgetting the political argument as to who did/said what, I fail to see what difference ETIAS will make to free 90 days travel unless you're classified as undesirable and refused entry which to me seems quite a sensible action. Once into the area, ETIAS won't require any additional reporting across national borders so, what's the problem if you're not breaking any rules?

ean_p

Visit site
Forgetting the political argument as to who did/said what, I fail to see what difference ETIAS will make to free 90 days travel unless you're classified as undesirable and refused entry which to me seems quite a sensible action. Once into the area, ETIAS won't require any additional reporting across national borders so, what's the problem if you're not breaking any rules?
None......but it's still 90 days less than the UK allows EU nationals under the same conditions.....which is were we came in I believe....?

billskip

Visit site
No that’s another posters response. I’d like to hear your valid source which would be good as I’m trying to educate myself as all I can find is hearsay
If you're really trying to educate yourself (along with the person that "liked" your post, you need to learn to read , when you understand what this symbol ? is, maybe you would rethink.

billskip

Visit site
You seem to be getting a bit rattled.

Take some deep breaths and try to regain your composure.
My composure is absolutely fine, I'm not rattled in the slightest.
I've been defending my position of forum idiot dunce since the late '90s, be assured I'm well used to fending off a challenge by yourgoodself.?

Caladh

Visit site
My composure is absolutely fine, I'm not rattled in the slightest.
I've been defending my position of forum idiot dunce since the late '90s, be assured I'm well used to fending off a challenge by yourgoodself.?
Come on billskip surely you‘re better that this because you do yourself no favours by name calling and call8ng me out for not apparently understanding a question mark. I was serious about asking the sources of your views as you seem to be a person who knows about this stuff. I am personally not challenging anyone just asking.

billskip

Visit site
Come on billskip surely you‘re better that this because you do yourself no favours by name calling and call8ng me out for not apparently understanding a question mark. I was serious about asking the sources of your views as you seem to be a person who knows about this stuff. I am personally not challenging anyone just asking.
W ho am I nane calling?
All the information you need about 90/180 is available on the gov website
is available

Poignard

Visit site
W ho am I nane calling?
is available
In that case, and to save the rest of us from having to duplicate your good work by trawling through the massive amount of information contained in the gov.uk website, could you please provide a link to the specific source of your information?

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Is it possible to ask a question to them who did visit the EU this year and return back to the UK or the other way around?

What I wish to know is where was your passport stamp ?
1 leaving the UK
2 arriving back in the UK
3 Arriving in the EU
4 leaving the EU
5 all four .

Caladh

Visit site
W ho am I nane calling?
is available
See post 287. I’ll ask again for you to provided some links/facts that support your own view. I’d have thought you would jump at the chance to show forumites that what you post is in fact factual. I see so many posts saying - go find it yourself. I would have thought you would want to support your own theories and posts with some facts?

RobbieW

Visit site
Is it possible to ask a question to them who did visit the EU this year and return back to the UK or the other way around?

1 leaving the UK
3 Arriving in the EU
4 leaving the EU
5 all four .
3 & 4 across 3 trips; 1 to France, 2 to Portugal

st599

Visit site

1 leaving the UK
3 Arriving in the EU
4 leaving the EU
5 all four .
3 and 4

Poignard

Visit site
Thanks
Did U return back to the UK and if so was it stamp when leaving or arriving back in the UK ?
My wife and I did return to the UK about 8 weeks later and our passports were not stamped when leaving France nor on arriving back in the UK.

As far as our passports show, we are still in France!

BUT whilst in France, we received our Cartes de Sejour and presented them at Border Control. I assume that, since we are now have the right to reside in France, we can come and go as we please.