90/180 days

st599

Visit site
Yes, it's not the British that are stopping us being in Europe for 180, its Europe.
The Spanish are trying to encourage their own government to accept the brits for 180 because they need the money. Tiz why I said, they need us more than we need them.
And yes its beyond me also them wanting to visit uk ....?
Nope, the Commons committee was told that the EU offered 180 for all UK Citizens if the UK reciprocated for all EU citizens, the UK turned them down.
It is not the EU stopping it.

greeny

Visit site
Yes, it's not the British that are stopping us being in Europe for 180, its Europe.
The Spanish are trying to encourage their own government to accept the brits for 180 because they need the money. Tiz why I said, they need us more than we need them.
And yes its beyond me also them wanting to visit uk ....?
I'd just like to point out that it is the "British" who caused the 90 in 180 issue.
We were offered the same deal as they were in the Brexit negotiations of 180 in 360 but turned it down due to caveats we didn't agree with.
People should get their facts straight before posting misleading comments like this.
People often try to put the blame on someone to support their underlying agenda but it's not always factual.

billskip

Visit site
I'd just like to point out that it is the "British" who caused the 90 in 180 issue.
We were offered the same deal as they were in the Brexit negotiations of 180 in 360 but turned it down due to caveats we didn't agree with.
People should get their facts straight before posting misleading comments like this.
People often try to put the blame on someone to support their underlying agenda but it's not always factual.
It's what I do here....its a forum...its for entertainment...

billskip

Visit site
Hour right on point one , it is a fourm , on point two sorry to say its not entertainment for them looking for answers .
I agree with what you say, however it's all been kicked around for ages, if they haven't found the answers it's because either there aren't any or they just dont accept the answers previously given.
With all due respect this 90 /180 is a concern for a lot more people than sailors.

billskip

Visit site
So knowing posting inaccurate information on such topics is explicitly against Forum rules. Expect a visit from the Spanish Inquisition
? I haven't posted anything that I believe to be inaccurate...you believe what you want to believe...I believe what I want.
Just because I dont post what you read and believe to be true, it doesnt make everyone else wrong.

It's simple really the rules about 90/180 are crystal clear, how they are being implemented today does not mean it will be the same tomorrow....
I really dont think the authorities are going to listen to the excuse that it must be ok because I read it on ybw.

ean_p

Visit site
The EU requested full uncontrolled entry for EU citizens to the UK which was rejected by the UK who decided that they wanted to control who came and went. As a result the EU reduced the allowed period of travel for UK citizens to the default third country non visa period of 90 days. The UK continued with granting EU citizens 180 days but with the control that they could refuse undesirables. With ETIAS the EU will also be able to reject undesirable UK citizens while still only allowing 90 days.

st599

Visit site
The EU requested full uncontrolled entry for EU citizens to the UK which was rejected by the UK who decided that they wanted to control who came and went. As a result the EU reduced the allowed period of travel for UK citizens to the default third country non visa period of 90 days. The UK continued with granting EU citizens 180 days but with the control that they could refuse undesirables. With ETIAS the EU will also be able to reject undesirable UK citizens while still only allowing 90 days.

So you agree, the EU offered, the UK rejected. It goes beyond undesirables, there are entire work categories that are no longer able to enter on a normal UK visa.

ean_p

Visit site
So you agree, the EU offered, the UK rejected. It goes beyond undesirables, there are entire work categories that are no longer able to enter on a normal UK visa.
As you ask then no I don't agree. The UK offered normal controlled travel for 180. The EU rejected reciprocity and gave limited 90 day travel that was already planned to be controlled by the known implementation of ETIAS. The EU has several 180 day controlled agreements with 3rd countries. I can't think of an uncontrolled one. Moving on I don't see the relevance of work categories in a thread on leisure travel but hayho....!

doug748

Visit site
This is getting into dangerous waters. ?

Purely on the point of sailing and leisure travel. As UK tourists spend six times more in the EU than comes the other way, any HMG would be soft headed to offer quick fixes on this one.
It affects me, I am not happy. However, In time, changes will come, with a dowry.

ean_p

Visit site
EU states can already reject undesirables from entry regardless of ETIAS. When passport is scanned on entry, it automatically flags undesirables.
Yes from 3rd countries........but not with uncontrolled movement as was requested by the EU of the UK. It was this that the UK rejected so the EU adopted the default 90 day visa free travel which in effect ends with ETIAS. The UK continued with 180 day controlled travel. But as mentioned above this is murky waters and maybe best left for all to have their own opinions on it and leave it at that as it is what it is...?