90/180 days

doug748

Visit site
I'm not a fan of you tube TV, we met too many and I can tell you what's been cut out of the video is much more interesting then what's in .
Anyway I jumped to the end and I think they ended up paying €75 .

FWIW, I don't watch many videos shows either, these people are one exception.

They come across very naturally with no synthetic drama, bull or obvious access to external funds. From zero they took an old Colvic 28 (ish) from Wales to the Med including the unimaginable maritime disaster of being stuck for six winter, Covid months on the French canals unable to move. They also made a good fist of getting the old cat into service despite all the chants about it being an hopeless task.
Best of all they keep at it, never cry, moan, bore you with personal philosophy or throw hissy fits. :)

PS.
They were let off the tax for now............but told to get it sorted.

westernman

www.devalk.nl

billskip

Visit site
I suspect this kind of thing may be in response to this kind of thing:-
Spanish woman in UK for 44 years sacked over post-Brexit rules
So the Spanish woman was 11 month's old, then presumably went to school, possibly had doctors treatment, had more than 20yrs to sort things, and complains she cannot get through to an official on the phone......mmmmmm

Sorry, but like the english woman's problem there is probably more than what we are told.

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Sorry, but like the english woman's problem there is probably more than what we are told.
I don't disbelief it at all.
I have a long time friend who I went to school with who came to the UK at the age of 7.
Four years ago he got a letter from the Home office saying they believe he was illegal and an appointment was arranged to speak to officials.
The guy lived schooled worked and owner his house in the UK.
At the meeting they told him they made a mistake, but this when on for over a year ,
So his family and a year of worries.

jordanbasset

Visit site
Interesting internet news article.
British woman refused entry to Spain due to Brexit passport stamp rule
Apologies if it's been posted before.
If there was a parallel electronic data base running alongside the passport stamping system then surely they would have clarified the dates of entry and exit on that.
Yes I saw that a few days ago. The ETIAS scheme would have helped the woman. Going forward it will also make it easier to identify over stayers, although it still could be some while before it's introduced.

billskip

Visit site
I don't disbelief it at all.
I have a long time friend who I went to school with who came to the UK at the age of 7.
Four years ago he got a letter from the Home office saying they believe he was illegal and an appointment was arranged to speak to officials.
The guy lived schooled worked and owner his house in the UK.
At the meeting they told him they made a mistake, but this when on for over a year ,
So his family and a year of worries.
I dont disbelieve there are cockups, your friend got a letter which stared the ball rolling and it was cleared up presumably.
These other stories imho are only bits of the issue to sound bad.

dgadee

Visit site
No, as has already been pointed out above, a Spanish tourist can already visit the UK for 180 days. (Although why anyone would want to is beyond me!)

Not tourists but I was an early advocate of student exchanges. Loads of continentals - particularly Spanish - wanted to do the exchanges. Very difficult to get my students to go off there. I think you underestimate the attraction of the UK and improving language skills.

billskip

Visit site
No, as has already been pointed out above, a Spanish tourist can already visit the UK for 180 days. (Although why anyone would want to is beyond me!)
Yes, it's not the British that are stopping us being in Europe for 180, its Europe.
The Spanish are trying to encourage their own government to accept the brits for 180 because they need the money. Tiz why I said, they need us more than we need them.
And yes its beyond me also them wanting to visit uk ....?

Mistroma

Greece briefly then Scotland for rest of summer
www.mistroma.com
Don't know what's happening elsewhere but when we flew out of Lisbon on Thursday, only the EU passport desks were in use and just as when we arrived in July, no-one was having passports stamped regardless of nationality.
That should prove interesting for any UK citizen spending some time in Portugal before travelling to Spain by road and then trying to return to UK from the nearest Spanish airport. I imagine they'd need to ask for a stamp in Lisbon and spend some time explaining why. Might not be too popular if it prompted a few others to have their passports stamped as well.

dunedin

Visit site
Yes, it's not the British that are stopping us being in Europe for 180, its Europe.
The Spanish are trying to encourage their own government to accept the brits for 180 because they need the money. Tiz why I said, they need us more than we need them.
And yes its beyond me also them wanting to visit uk ....?
So you do know that the UK Government refused the EU offer of extending the 90/180

Kelpie

Visit site
We flew in to Santiago de Compostela about a month ago, British passports were stamped, no options given.

Other threads that may be of interest