THOSE OF US WITH BOATS IN THE MED

Hooligan

Visit site
The person who looked after my boat when we were in Menorca said there is a full lockdown now as of last night to extent that he is not even allowed to check on the boats. This is worse than Italy if true.

Portofino

Visit site
The person who looked after my boat when we were in Menorca said there is a full lockdown now as of last night to extent that he is not even allowed to check on the boats. This is worse than Italy if true.
So far ( see date ) in Italy some workers can move about , presume comply with social distances rules + any others ?
So we have an active guardian @ work in our marina . Loano .A permanent live in ( family houses ) coast guard station is opposite my berth too fwiw .The place is CCTV ed to death as well .

Webcam - Marina di Loano

He will wash it @ Easter .

longjohnsilver

Visit site

I believe it is true. All non essential workers to remain at home until April 9.

Hooligan

Visit site
So far ( see date ) in Italy some workers can move about , presume comply with social distances rules + any others ?
So we have an active guardian @ work in our marina . Loano .A permanent live in ( family houses ) coast guard station is opposite my berth too fwiw .The place is CCTV ed to death as well .

Webcam - Marina di Loano

He will wash it @ Easter .
The guy who looks after my boat near Salerno has been an unbelievable star in spite of now 3 weeks in lockdown, or is it 4? He regularly checks it and sends photos. I think there seems to be a sensible view that the marina allows people it knows to go and look after the boats and also has maintained some staff. This feels sensible to me and it seems to be working.

Ratkins

Visit site
Guys my sons in spain and they’ve just announced lockdown been extended until 26th April Probably means we will be mid May here.

Hurricane

Visit site
Sorry
I haven't reported on the teak.
We have been busy finishing it off.
I will do a full report when I get home.
In the meantime here are some pics of the finished result.

org_b3b5933c04579f35_1586009646000.resized.jpg

org_b594839c0deb0bb1_1586009594000.resized.jpg

20200404_162340.resized.jpg

20200404_162312.resized.jpg

20200404_162400.resized.jpg

I have removed the old teak flap covering the fuel filler and I'm taking it home to make a synthetic equivalent.
The old one is mounted on a stainless steel plate/hinge so I will make the new one and screw it on when I'm on the boat next.
A job to do whilst this pandemic is on.

jrudge

Visit site
Spoke with engineer in Cala Dor. Total lockdown. No excercise. Only trip to nearest supermarket.
He is not allowed to even wash the boat he is living on.
It took a week to get authorisation for him to walk round the marina and check their own boats. I think we have much more to come.

edit

And on queue I looked at the news app and excercise prob be banned
Coronavirus: Exercise out of the home 'could be banned' if people flout rules Exercise out of the home could be banned - Hancock

Star-Lord

Visit site
In Italy (in Sardinia for sure) 'Emegency Boat Maintenance' by professional company is allowed. So any problem will be fixed if needed.

Clancy Moped

Visit site
Spoke with engineer in Cala Dor. Total lockdown. No excercise. Only trip to nearest supermarket.
He is not allowed to even wash the boat he is living on.
It took a week to get authorisation for him to walk round the marina and check their own boats. I think we have much more to come.

edit

And on queue I looked at the news app and excercise prob be banned
Coronavirus: Exercise out of the home 'could be banned' if people flout rules Exercise out of the home could be banned - Hancock
The builders (land) (none essential workers)are allowed to go back to work after Easter, so you might find some boat work could resume in Mallorca.

Last edited:

Forty_Two

Visit site
Beautiful day down here, got loads of varnishing done. It's the silence that's so strange. Settled into a rhythm now. Can't see me travelling back for some while now. Topsail extended my insurance to 90 days so no rush.

Couldn't see the children if I came back as they are all at least 100 miles away, wife passed away last year so seems pointless driving back. At least with a woodie there's no shortage of stuff to do & I'm well stocked up with materials.

Pics looking towards Cannes + iles de Lerins & the other towards Theoule 15861011755401.jpg15861012099142.jpgTheoule