THOSE OF US WITH BOATS IN THE MED

vas

Visit site
not sure that's going to be valid for long Mike.
Austria about to relax rules next week. Germany seeks ways to restart businesses before the end of April. Sweden (hasn't had a lockup at all) to ease measures as well.
I think once over the hump, one by one they'll start relaxing.
OK, wouldn't bet on early June in the Med, but I'd expect July and August will be fine if you have the right certificates to travel :D

V.

D

Deleted User YDKXO

Vas its not going abroad that will be difficult. Its the coming back into the UK that might be the problem

"Travellers could face severe disruption and be unable to return to the UK.“

I may be wrong but it sounds like they could be thinking about closing UK borders to incoming travellers, maybe as part of a strategy to lift the lockdown

On the other hand, the minister who issued this latest advice, Dominic Raab, is a bit thick so maybe he's said something he shouldnt

Clancy Moped

Visit site
Vas its not going abroad that will be difficult. Its the coming back into the UK that might be the problem

I may be wrong but it sounds like they could be thinking about closing UK borders to incoming travellers, maybe as part of a strategy to lift the lockdown

On the other hand, the minister who issued this latest advice, Dominic Raab, is a bit thick so maybe he's said something he shouldnt
His knowledge on sea ports is legendary.

vas

Visit site
His knowledge on sea ports is legendary.
I see,

is that the guy who just realised how important the channel was to UK transports or something like that?

well, let's see how things develop. TBH coming down here and not being able to return is not that bad is it :rolleyes:

V.

Portofino

Visit site
Picking up on rtn to a European country .
If you visited another European thats was on similar trajectory to your “ home “ in the same time period ....then that should be ok .As Italy , Spain , France and the U.K graphs will sync soon
So if Europe sync, s disease wise en mass and relaxes movement restrictions etc ......its ok to travel within .

What I think they mean is say a Burke rtn from say India ( foreign office advised don’t go .....you still went ! ) ............because the disease may on a different part of the curve(s) rapidly increasing in that continent and it’s greatly dropping off in the EU , then that individual is a risk of stoking it up if they rtn .

Italy s easing certain small shops opening today .They are ahead of us .

So June for me to resume .

Have houses in Fr + CH anyhow . :) Only spent 6/8 weeks in 2019 in the U.K. .

Bouba

Visit site
This evening,
The type of evening where I’d normally be at anchor beer in hand catching the warmth before sunset. Just a gentle ripple against the chain and the slow rumble of the generator.....

Hurricane

Visit site
Yesterday, I decided to fly the drone and take some pics around the marina.
I then compiled them into a web gallery and posted them on our marina forum.
Not surprisingly, berth holders were very appreciative - I posted the pics as a "Virtual Boat Update".
And lots of comments already.

If anyone is interested, this is the URL for the web gallery.
The web gallery software was Open Source - free to use so don't expect much in the functionality.
SCMCHAT

But the really interesting thing for me is the quality of the images.
You have to click the "Full Resolution" link in the top right of the page to see the actual photo quality.
All taken using the new Mavic Mini drone.
All this in a 249 gram package.
The range isn't that good (only WiFi) - in fact I lost communications with it a couple of times but each time, it returned home to me.

This little drone is great for taking anywhere with you.
On this trip, I just chucked it into my suitcase before I left.
Earlier this year, SWMBO and I had a short break in Mauritius so I packed this little drone with me.
And, I did get time to fly it early one morning to photograph the resort.
Great bit of kit - they always say that the best camera is the one that you have with you.
Not as good quality but this little drone is far less hassle than the other drones I have.

The Mavic Mini

images

images

EDIT
And, in the marine world, great for this kind of thing:-

Viking Mast.jpg

Last edited:

PlanB

Visit site
I'm so glad I managed to sell mine last year - at the time I was really sad, having lived on it on the CdS for 12 years. But, having moved back to the UK to marry, it was a good decision.

D

Deleted User YDKXO

I'm so glad I managed to sell mine last year - at the time I was really sad, having lived on it on the CdS for 12 years. But, having moved back to the UK to marry, it was a good decision.

Selling the boat. Leaving the Costa del Sol to come back to the UK. Getting married. Sounds like 3 bad decisions to me not one good one :D :D

thejonesey

Visit site
Bought into PeteM’s boatshare at Christmas and have yet to even see her! We were booked to go next week but it will have to wait. A bit disappointing but in the scheme of things, a first world problem. We will get down and when we do I know it will be brilliant! Just have to spend twice as long on board next year.?? Thanks to the lockdown I have also perfected working from home/the boat!

Bouba

Visit site
Bought into PeteM’s boatshare at Christmas and have yet to even see her! We were booked to go next week but it will have to wait. A bit disappointing but in the scheme of things, a first world problem. We will get down and when we do I know it will be brilliant! Just have to spend twice as long on board next year.?? Thanks to the lockdown I have also perfected working from home/the boat!
Didn’t you insist on a ‘in the event of a disease.....’ clause in your contract ? Don’t worry, I’m sure the person you sell to will want one??‍♂️
I’m only joking ????‍♂️ I’m in the same situation, all I have left is gallows humour ☠️