The Weekend Cometh

LizzyD

Visit site
Managed to get Friday off. I was on a 24 hour duty, but slipped in a leave request quickly enough to be able to go out this weekend. Destination - Bristol. OK, I know I've done it before and it's nothing new, but I can't hide my excitement at the thought of going out.

Had a word with Bev five minutes ago. She's going to meet me there via the train as she can't take the afternoon off. I then realised, I've never been solo on Lizzy before. I'm not worried. It's quite exciting really. Thanks to autopilot, I have an extra pair of hands on deck and two extra pairs of paws (yep - Kaiser's coming too). I reckon with decent prep en route, it should be a problem free cruise tomorrow afternoon.

The point of this post is to promise that I'll take photos of the trip and put them on the site in the way that Graham and Snoopy do. All I have to do is master the technology. What could possibly go wrong?

Stand by for further reports.

Lizzy D

sb99

Visit site
Standing by. Enjoy your trip.
Look forward to seeing the pictures.
I cant get out of the bay this weekend due to work commitments /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Mike_S

Visit site
Anyone else going to the south wales boat show at Margam this weekend ? We're calling in tomorrow after dropping the trailer back at storage.

Haven't been to this show so I've no idea if it's going to be any good or not.

Mike_S

Visit site
Hmmm

Having not been before I didn't really know what to expect and tbh, there wasn't an awful lot to see. Spent a couple of hours there, which was enough to see everything properly. Being the owners of a 22ft cuddy we were interested in our 'next step' boat, the 25-27ft range of which we had the Maxum & Rinker range to look at and that was quite nice. The new Rinker 260 cruiser is pretty impressive.

Sneds

Visit site
Loved the Maxum 2700, so did Swmbo, she wants me to go rob a bank /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Mike_S

Visit site
Yeah, that was pretty nice as well. I drive past the new one they've got still wrapped up every morning on my way through penarth marina. SWMBO liked the new Rinker more than the Maxum though, the layout was better.

Having said that I preferred the Sealine SC29 they had on the other trailer. That was back at cardiff bay boat sales on Monday morning as I drove through, think it was going in the water later that day.

Sneds

Visit site
Someone has bought the SC29, lucky bleeder! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

We're busy searching the net for a 2nd hand Maxum 2700 diesel but all are a bit to expensive for us /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Sneds

Visit site
Got a spare £20k? /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif