Jules Verne Trophy. Gitana about to start?

cherod

Visit site
going to be great,, start postponed till thursday ,,, ( will catch and pass the Vandee lot as if they are standing still .:) )

caiman

Visit site
Yup.I signed up for the Gitana FB page.
I did ask what they used for power for their instruments and what they used for floating object detection but have not got an answer yet.
Do you know if Sodebo are having a crack at the JVT or are they just practising?

Cheers

cherod

Visit site
Yup.I signed up for the Gitana FB page.
I did ask what they used for power for their instruments and what they used for floating object detection but have not got an answer yet.
Do you know if Sodebo are having a crack at the JVT or are they just practising?

Cheers
i have only read about Gitana

caiman

Visit site
There is a tracker which shows them underway but it's not that clear on the site.By the tracker it looks like they started just after Gitana.It's also a bit confusing that they seem to be using French time.At the moment Gitana seems to be ahead on distance v time.
It's early days but I thought Gitana would be a bit faster than she's been going,not that 30K is slow.o_O
Amazing stuff.
Cheers

caiman

Visit site
Rappey 's link is good to get the Gitana tracker.

For Sodebo, in the address bar on my desktop it says-
Le trophée Jules Verne - Sodebo - Trophée Jules Verne.
Sorry I can't post a link.I'm not very good with computers,hammers and spanners are my thing.
Day 1.
Sodebo covered 678nm@26.0knots average speed.
Gitana covered 715.6nm@29.8knots average speed.
Some good videos on the Sodebo site.
It's a shame that Gitana and Sodebo can't appear on the same tracker but hey ho.
Hope this helps.
Cheers

Rappey

Visit site
Just zoom out and you can see 3 boats.
Is one a ghost from a previous attempt ?

Last edited:

cherod

Visit site
the " ghost " seems to be IDEC Sport , the current record holder , ( iirc ) maybe they are his comparative times / positions on his record run .

caiman

Visit site
Sounds like Gitana has suffered damage to her port side foils and is returning to base for repairs.Maybe a possible restart.
Apparently hit a UFO yesterday.
Edit-should have read the article properly.She's taken damage but seems to be continuing but not at her full potential.
Cheers

Last edited: