Hotel boat planning application for permanent mooring

Old Crusty

Visit site
Planning consent application for a permanent mooring on the towpath? Why else would you want that? I can see the strategy, tip of the iceberg IMO.

Outinthedinghy

Visit site
Looks to be one of the boats at the site where the EA did the adverse possession claim . Old scouts wharf / Thames water inlets.

Could get interesting.

I don't think it is a hotel boat. Its not one of the slum boats anyway.

Boat name "Pioneers Joy" does not show up on the canalplan boat list which is a database of vessels registered with the various navigation authorities including EA.

It will probably be one of the boats which had been moored there for about 12 years now attempting to make a claim for residential rights.

To be followed by others I suppose.

It's an interesting situation down there.

Last edited:

Outinthedinghy

Visit site

oldgit

Visit site
not sure about the mooring bollards and as for that knot.
Nice Gazebo !
The collection of bricks on the foredeck adds an extra something.

Outinthedinghy

Visit site
Did you say the slightly similar situation on the Medway had been subject to council actions?

Not the same because down there the land is owned by the boat owner but there was some sort of unauthorised development going on if I remember right.

Unicumes lane is what is in my head. I went down there a few years ago by car and there were some quite organised smallholdings springing up.

Old Crusty

Visit site
Apologies for the misleading thread title - I was thinking about our old chum Trotman and wrote hotel instead of house. Mea culpa.

Outinthedinghy

Visit site
The story is that the EA did an adverse possession claim followed by boat owners doing veg management and fencing in their "plots".
One would assume that the land will be awarded to the EA and the boats cleared at some point. It's just a matter of when.

And I guess it will be down to the EA to pay for the detritus which will need to be cleared to get the land back as it was previously.

Last edited: