Getting a 2nd hand boat cooker to Portugal

billskip

Visit site
I think most people do. In fact, I grow them, so, I think I have a pretty good idea of what they should taste like.

PS Last time I checked, tangerines were not grown commercially in the UK.
I was referring to the tangerines I buy from the shop not picking them from growing. You may grow them,the same as you may try to wriggle around the facts, you will only convince yourself

shan

Visit site
I was referring to the tangerines I buy from the shop not picking them from growing. You may grow them,the same as you may try to wriggle around the facts, you will only convince yourself
I buy them and grow them. My 3 trees don't produce enough, so I think I have a reasonable idea of what a tangerine tastes like and where they are grown.... PS again, they are not grown commercially in Britain. :ROFLMAO: You may wriggle around that fact as much as you wish...

billskip

Visit site
I buy them and grow them. My 3 trees don't produce enough, so I think I have a reasonable idea of what a tangerine tastes like and where they are grown.... PS again, they are not grown commercially in Britain. :ROFLMAO: You may wriggle around that fact as much as you wish...
I really dont understand your reference to growing tangerines in Britain, I never said they did, and I dont recall any mention of tangerines being grown in Britain by me.

Praps I need a swig of what you are on?

shan

Visit site
I really dont understand your reference to growing tangerines in Britain, I never said they did, and I dont recall any mention of tangerines being grown in Britain by me.

Praps I need a swig of what you are on?
Perhaps, you need to read your own responses?

billskip

Visit site
Perhaps, you need to read your own responses?
I have although I didn't need to,I know I never mentioned tangerines growing in Britain.

Perhaps you could direct me to that post?

Or is it one of those that you decided what I meant?

shan

Visit site
I have although I didn't need to,I know I never mentioned tangerines growing in Britain.

Perhaps you could direct me to that post?

Or is it one of those that you decided what I meant?
You claim the quality of fruit in the UK is so much better, then you go off on a ramble about tangerines. I was just wondering if you were aware that the fruit you refer to is most certainly not grown in the UK..... which leads to the simple bit of common sense that eating seasonal fruit grown in the country you inhabit is most likely to have the best flavour. :rolleyes:

billskip

Visit site
You claim the quality of fruit in the UK is so much better, then you go off on a ramble about tangerines. I was just wondering if you were aware that the fruit you refer to is most certainly not grown in the UK..... which leads to the simple bit of common sense that eating seasonal fruit grown in the country you inhabit is most likely to have the best flavour. :rolleyes:
Aha so it was you thinking wrongly and decided what you thought is what I wrote....
This is clearly why the situation is as it is.....

shan

Visit site
Aha so it was you thinking wrongly and decided what you thought is what I wrote....
This is clearly why the situation is as it is.....
No, I simply don't see how you could think that something that has not been grown in Britain and has sat in cold storage for goodness knows how long whilst being transported to Britain, tastes better?

billskip

Visit site
No, I simply don't see how you could think that something that has not been grown in Britain and has sat in cold storage for goodness knows how long whilst being transported to Britain, tastes better?
You really are wrong.
I think you would do better to read posts, and think before putting your fingers into gear.

Where have I ever said anything about transport or growing in Britain....all I say (and it is not only my opinion )
Is that fruit is better quality in UK than in Spain.
Tangerines were just an example at the time as I happened to just peel one, it was dry and no taste, I have bought from different shops and supermarkets and imho (and others) the fruit here is of poorer quality than the UK

shan

Visit site
You really are wrong.
I think you would do better to read posts, and think before putting your fingers into gear.

Where have I ever said anything about transport or growing in Britain....all I say (and it is not only my opinion )
Is that fruit is better quality in UK than in Spain.
Tangerines were just an example at the time as I happened to just peel one, it was dry and no taste, I have bought from different shops and supermarkets and imho (and others) the fruit here is of poorer quality than the UK
We will have to agree to disagree.

Forum Moderation Team
Visit site
Posters are reminded that discussion in a thread must be carried out in a polite and civil way, even if opinions are contrary. Comments that make personal criticism of a forum member must not be posted. Posts which break or circumvent this requirement may lead to user access being limited.

Moderator.