• UPDATED INFORMATION & ADVICE - PLEASE READ NOW

'I didn't know/I wasn't told' will not be a valid defence if you fail to comply and lose your access to the off-topic area, core topic areas, or the entire YBW forum as a result. Full details can be found here, please read before you proceed.

Gallions point marina

Cantata

Does anyone on the Thames forum know the answer? I went past there last week and from the river it looked deserted, no masts to be seen, half the outside name board missing etc.

Outinthedinghy

There was a thread on here about it and the woman at the yard was fairly militant about it in that she said they were going to stay there until ejected.

I had a drive down there earlier this year and the boats were still on the hardstanding but it did not look particularly like a functioning boatyard and not sure if their lock was operational.

Obviously there is the ship lock for access so the little lock is not technically required for larger vessels and work boats to access the docks.

An interesting area the London "Riviera" but I can't help thinking people might notice the awful and rather depressing noise nuisance from the runway. And the weather.

It may have been better to allow a slightly scruffy boatyard to carry on working.

Alisher Usmanov and Roman Abramovich I think not !

ianc1200

Went in there once, sort of place you felt you needed a stab vest to go for a walk..... But it was OK boating wise as a different stop off point.