Your plans for 2016?

Judders

Visit site
Given that it's a nice sunny day, I'm sure I'm not the only one gazing out of the window and thinking about the year ahead?

I notice that the ride of at least one member of this parish is for sale and doubtless many others will be hatching schemes for the 2016 season whilst others might be waiting for inspiration.

What are you planning?

Ceirwan

Visit site
Sell the Sadler and get something with a spade rudder and a big fractional rig. Oh and a chart table!

flaming

Visit site
Same old, same old... Despite the boat being up for sale, the market seems very slow so we're planning anyway!

Spring champs, possibly RORC easter. Then a few summer regattas, RTI, IRC nats, Cowes maybe if there's enough interest from the crew, Dartmouth for certain, winter series, rinse and repeat.

We did think about throwing our hat into the ring for the Comedy cup qualifiers, as the qualifiers will probably be some of the hottest sailing this year, but the dates don't work for us and RORC want silly money to even declare intent.

Last edited:

Judders

Visit site
I think we just want as much of our offshore programme to be upwind as possible. That's where our advantage is. If there's less than twelve knots and a bit of a seastate then all the better.

olly_love

Visit site
We just want it windy for the season.
had enough of the light stuff.
ours is Frostbite, some Jog, Cowes, Winter series, Wednesday nights,

few new sails and toys on the way for the boat and a big refit planed for May so will see what we get.

we are probably not doing the nationals this year

the put the boat up for sale at the end of the season

Racecruiser

Visit site
For us it's JOG offshore and inshore although doubtful we can do all because we intend to do some of the SIRCOA and Royal Southampton 2-handed series - as ever it's a juggle to balance competing pressures which is where having two owners really helps. We sail a slightly smaller Elan than Flaming's ride; we like the boat and imagine a 37 would be a great step up - if the lottery comes in I'll be on the case!

We'll have some crew slots available - pm me with a mobile if anyone is interested .....

Georgio

georgeisted.blogspot.com
Just been working up the racing calendar over the last couple of weeks. All being well I will be taking part in a number of Solo races with SORC, 3-4 double-handed races RSYC and a couple of fully-crewed events through the season.

Highlight, and the biggest challenge of the season, will be the SORC Solo-Fastnet race when I will likely be the slowest boat in the fleet plugging away at the back :)