Yeoman Sport Plotter

ex-Gladys

Visit site
Got one of these with the boat, and had a play around with it. Can anyone tell me how you deal with portrait orientation charts as opposed to landscape? I have both Admiralty and Imray Yeoman enabled charts, but the device gives a referencing error when you try to ref a portrait chart...

<hr width=100% size=1>Larry Botheras

Anderson 26 "Amber"

RJD

Visit site
Have recently purchased a Yeoman Sport myself. I have referenced charts in both portrait and landscape and have not encountered any problem...
One set of charts are Stanfords with Yeoman references, the other chart (in portrait) is by Imray and I have referenced it myself. Common to both is that the referencing starts bottom left, bottom right followed by upper right! Hope that helps..
Tony P

<hr width=100% size=1>

ex-Gladys

Visit site
Mine are NOT the Imray, but the Stanford Essex Rivers set. Not all are Yeoman enabled, but 4 of the 6 are. The ref points on the protrait one are all marked, are in the correct order but after they're entered the chart doesn't reference

Anderson 26 "Amber"

jleaworthy

Visit site
I don't have any enabled charts and haven't met this problem. Why don't you put in latitude and longitude for each of the three reference positions and see if that works?

<hr width=100% size=1>

Dave_Knowles

Visit site
Hi Larry,

The problem is that the points have to be put reference4d in a certain order and they must be a certain distance apart. If either of these are wrong it will throw up and error.

What I did was reference long and lat points read off the chart but make sure they are reasonably far apart. These I stored for future use. I can't remember the order but I think some charts put them in the wrong order. If you have trouble let me know by PM me with your telephone number and I can talk you through it on the phone. You will find that there are a numnber of charts already programmed into the plotter so make sure that they are not already there. If you don't have an instyruction book Yeoman will sel you one but they are about £10 I think.

<hr width=100% size=1>Take care.

Dave

Dave Knowles
Southampton - UK

http://www.MyCleopatra.co.uk

philip_stevens

www.celticwebdesign.net
I've also got a Sport model, and have used it all summer.

One thing you must check on, is that it has got the latest software version installed in it, and you must also use the latest chart or charts if using the Small Craft Folio's.

I have the Small Craft folios, and last year was convinced that the Admiralty had the wrong plotter reference points for some charts. I was put in my place when asked when I bought mine, and was told that mine were not the latest folio.

The problem was that in my old folio there were 10 chartlets, and in the later folio, there were 12, and the numbers of some of the older folio were changed in the newer folio.

I hope you folio'ed that.

When I did buy the latest folio, all worked perfectly.

Again, as someone above has said, input the reference points in the correct order, and if you make your own reference points, also upload them in the correct order. If a chart is too small for three points, two can be of the same point. But the order for uploading a two point chartlet, is given in the instruction book. I say this, as I don't have mine at hand to positively say which two can be the same.

Also ensure the datum is the same as the chart, or it can be a dangerous distance out.

<hr width=100% size=1>regards,
Philip

david_bagshaw

Visit site
when doing self referenced points make sure they are not too close to the edges of the plot board.

have been using mine since 99, but only with self ref points.

<hr width=100% size=1>David
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.euroboating.net>http://www.euroboating.net</A>

ex-Gladys

Visit site
As promised....

Tried it on the Stanfords Suffolk Rivers charts today. Works fine. I'll have another head scratch about the Essex Rivers one and give it another go...

Someone mentioned the standby battery, mine is a straight flat Lithium cell like you get in Psion organisers as a standby battery

Anderson 26 "Amber"