YBW- Urgent need?

Sandy

duckduckgo.com
I have the LED bulb but how do I get the light unit apart ... I believe there is a locking ring but are you able to tell meow it all works as I was planning to do this up the mast.
The lens twists on then the locking ring secures. I've zoomed in and marked the fitting where you twist, the locking ring is at the blue arrow.

closeup.jpg

Ian_Edwards

Visit site
If you haven't solved the problem yet, I have an old Aqua Signal combined tricolour and anchor light, complete with boat life LED's.
It's been in my gargage for several years.
If you'd find it useful, PM me and I'll post it to you.
I updated it, to a proper LED tricolour, because after measuring the cut- off between the Red and Green, I know it isn't sharp enough. There's a significant angle where both red and green can be seen.

RunAgroundHard

Visit site
Mine, the same as Sandy's, the lens fired off the top of the mast when I hit a rock at about 3kts. The fittings are not as secure as we think, in my opinion, and in heavy seas, the same could happen. I replaced the lens with the same type to quickly fix the issue and this winter will remove the whole thing and eliminate the tricolour and anchor light from the top of the mast and not replace it.

Last edited:

TSB240

Visit site
The lens twists on then the locking ring secures. I've zoomed in and marked the fitting where you twist, the locking ring is at the blue arrow.

View attachment 177626
FYI
There are two versions of this aqua signal combined tricolour and anchor light. The more recent version is as in this picture. It has two locking rings. The top ring holds the lense assembly on and can be undone to replace bulbs. The bottom ring holds the complete assembly onto the female masthead socket that the assembly fits and connects to.
The older version has the same top lense and locking ring and a different base which just clips into the mast top socket.

I now have the skeleton left of the discontinued mark 2 model having used the lense to replace the brittle and badly faded coloured lense of a 1999 model with a virtually new one.

OCuea

Visit site
Hi everyone, it's just possible someone might be able to help me out?

Has anybody recently changed their masthead light from an Aqua signal Tricolour to an l.e.d ?
My boat has just come ashore and I have just noticed that I have lost the top section of the masthead tricolour light lenze. This is the section which has the Tri colour on it. The bottom half, being the anchor light, is still intact.
I just wondered if someone has changed their old Tricolour for an l.e.d and might have the old one left, and could help me out?
Obviously I'll cover any postage costs,plus a few beer tokens.

Attached picture of light when last the mast was unstepped.
Coloured acrylic is easy and cheap to buy and easy to bend with careful use of a heat gun. Any use?

xeitosaphil

Visit site
Coloured acrylic is easy and cheap to buy and easy to bend with careful use of a heat gun. Any use?
Afraid not, Nav light lenses are made with Fresnel Optics lenses which intensifies the light output so ordinary acrylic sheet wouldn't work. There would also be the problem of bending it into a approx 80 - 90mm dia, and jointing the sheet ends together. Definitely a non starter project.

Problem now sorted with the kind help and generously of Ian Edwards of this forum.
What a great forum this is

Thank you Ian