YBW- Urgent need?

xeitosaphil

Visit site
Hi everyone, it's just possible someone might be able to help me out?

Has anybody recently changed their masthead light from an Aqua signal Tricolour to an l.e.d ?
My boat has just come ashore and I have just noticed that I have lost the top section of the masthead tricolour light lenze. This is the section which has the Tri colour on it. The bottom half, being the anchor light, is still intact.
I just wondered if someone has changed their old Tricolour for an l.e.d and might have the old one left, and could help me out?
Obviously I'll cover any postage costs,plus a few beer tokens.

Attached picture of light when last the mast was unstepped.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240524_101253_Photos~3.jpg
    Screenshot_20240524_101253_Photos~3.jpg
    264.8 KB · Views: 24

rogerthebodger

Visit site
I have 2 full Anchor / tri colour lights n my store room but both have the white lens are crazed which is why the are in my store room

I see you are in South Devon I am a long way a way in South Africa and to get it to you it would have to be by courier

xeitosaphil

Visit site
I have 2 full Anchor / tri colour lights n my store room but both have the white lens are crazed which is why the are in my store room

I see you are in South Devon I am a long way a way in South Africa and to get it to you it would have to be by courier
Hi Roger.
Thanks for the reply, I'll check out the likely courier costs but it might be too expensive, and the cost of the courier might be better placed to replace the old one altogether with an l.e.d light?

mikegunn

Visit site
I would suggest that you replace your old masthead lamp unit with the latest Aquasignal l.e.d model. If it’s any compensation the pitch of the fixing screw holes is identical. As long as the existing screws can be removed easily, fitting a new unit is pretty straightforward, even if you have to climb the mast to do so.
Mike

Aeolus

Visit site
Or don't have a tricolor. They were only allowed to help yachties save on power. With LEDs, having three separate lights consumes very little power. I know there's an argument that you can be seen from a greater distance but if anyone is actually watching for your lights, they'll see your deck height lights with plenty of time to take any evasive action.

xeitosaphil

Visit site
I have just removed an old Lazilas which you’re welcome to, but it’s rather uv crazed.
Thanks for the offer Charlie Boy but I think it would have to be a aqua signal Tricolour lenze to be comparable with the bottom half.
I was only intending to basically use the tricolour lenze to cover the exposed electrics as a temporary measure until the next time the mast is down. Or if I could get a half decent old one just instal that one as the mounting holes will be the same.
I don't actually use the Tri very often and have another l.e.d alternative for the anchor light.
Just want to maintain the integrity of the masthead electrics.
But thanks for the offer.

rogerthebodger

Visit site
Hi Roger.
Thanks for the reply, I'll check out the likely courier costs but it might be too expensive, and the cost of the courier might be better placed to replace the old one altogether with an l.e.d light?

that's OK If you don't take it I will just keep it as a spare

BTW I replaced the incandescent light with LED in my Aquasignal from EBay some time age when my NASA LED failed twice

xeitosaphil

Visit site
that's OK If you don't take it I will just keep it as a spare

BTW I replaced the incandescent light with LED in my Aquasignal from EBay some time age when my NASA LED failed twice
Hi Roger
I haven't completely give up on your aquasignal tricolour. A friend has offered me a single tricolour but not sure the lenze will fit? I can't remember if the two lenzes are fastened, separately.
Is the combo anchor and tri lenze one piece and fastened with the separate ring?
It's an age thing you know 😀

rogerthebodger

Visit site
Hi Roger
I haven't completely give up on your aquasignal tricolour. A friend has offered me a single tricolour but not sure the lenze will fit? I can't remember if the two lenzes are fastened, separately.
Is the combo anchor and tri lenze one piece and fastened with the separate ring?
It's an age thing you know 😀

Just to let you know I am off down to the boat on Friday this week so I would not be able to sent it until I am back beginning start July so whatever you wish to do is OK by me

I am fully knowledgeable of the age thing

xeitosaphil

Visit site
Can somebody just please tell me, is the lenze of this tri colour and anchor light, a one piece assembly with only a bayonet type fitting on the bottom to join it to the base?

Or are the two different lights joined together individually using the same bayonet type fitting on both lights to make one assembled lenze?

Only someone has given me a tricolour light only, which has a bayonet type fitting on the bottom which fits into the base part, and I wondered if this tri lenze would fit into my existing anchor light lenze using the same bayonet fitting ?
The anchor light lenze is still fixed to the top of the mast, and I'm just trying to find out as much info before attempting the climb.

xeitosaphil

Visit site
Just to let you know I am off down to the boat on Friday this week so I would not be able to sent it until I am back beginning start July so whatever you wish to do is OK by me

I am fully knowledgeable of the age thing
Hi Roger thanks for your reply re going away etc. I looked into the costs and to get it in time before you go away, it would be best part of £100, so have decided to leave your kind offer to send it to me.
Hope you enjoy your time away and thanks for your patience. Philip

xeitosaphil

Visit site
Hi Sandy, thanks for your reply and photo, I have today found out that the combo tri and anchor light is indeed a single assembled lenze which just has one bayonet fitting at the bottom. This means the singlre tri colour light I have been given by a friend will be of no use.
Will have to continue to try and hope to find a suitable one piece Aquasignal Tri/Anchor lenze to fit my Base before relaunch.

Thanks everyone for your comments and replies.