Yarmouth Harbour Master message and improved Harbour !

G

The following message was received from Harbour Office and explains all .....

You will also see my reply to them at the top ... It seems that anyone who gets a HM berth on the "Walk-ashore" pontoon will be in pub before me !!!!

Quote :>

Linda ...

There is no need to have all boats together - as the main get-together will actually be on-land .. at the BBQ beach area. There is no problem if boats are spread out.

I'm very glad to hear about the "walk-ashore" facility ... that's great and I for one will be looking to use that in future.

I am going to cut and paste your reply to the forum thread ... so that those wishing to call in can do so ...

I really do not think there is any need for me to send back the booking form - as I said position / berths of any boat is not a problem ... they do not need to be together..... so block is not required.

Hope this is ok ...

Many thanks
Nigel

At 15:17 16/02/2006, you wrote:
Dear Nigel,

I've spoken to the Harbour Master and we can deal with this is as follows.

You state that approximately 30 boats are likely to attend. Eighteen of those vessels are already booked at Hayles pontoon, leaving potentially 12 boats needing berths in the Harbour. The way forward, if you wish to book as an organised rally, is to complete the booking form as far as possible, indicating attendance by 12 boats and sending a deposit of £60.00 (this will be refundable against mooring fees). We do not need exact details at present - lengths and so on can be sent to us nearer the date. However, the Harbour Master needs to know how to allocate block bookings and to therefore keep together those vessels attending as part of a rally. You say that there may be a number of "no shows" but I'm afraid that is a chance that will have to be taken if you wish to book in the Harbour as a rally. We will not take bookings from individuals belonging to a rally booking.

The only way whereby individuals will be able to book berths is after the installation of the new walk-ashore facility in the Harbour which will be completed by the end of March 2006. An individual can telephone the Harbour Office and make a reservation on the walk-ashore facility (again, for a deposit of £5 which is refundable against mooring fees). If space is available then it will be allocated but there is no guarantee that the berth would be alongside the other rally participants.

Please could you let me know which route you wish to take regarding this matter.

Regards,

Linda

So Tel : 01983 760321 Fax : 01983 761192

Linda Fuller.

Windfall

Visit site
Just got off the phone to Linda Fuller - at the moment they aren't accepting bookings but they will put us on a list if we email the boat name, length & draft to info@yar-iow-harobur.demon.co.uk saying that we want to book for which ever nights we require.

They will only book one boat at a time.

I'm now speaking to the Welsh harbour master as I type and there seems to be much confusion as to how they are actually going to do this.

But Brynn tells me that they should have sorted their booking procedures out within the next two weeks.

So watch that space I guess /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

G

I hope they see sense ...

Why they cannot accept boat by boat anyway ????

Fingers crossed ... now I assume that this post is after your PM ... or is PM the result AFTER this post ????