Worst boat name of the year

Happy Dayz

Visit site
Not sure if my first boat i named Peggy Sue' qualies.

We are both Buddy Holly fans, my wifes name is Susan, and who has had both her knee's replaced ?

Alan

Noahsdad

Visit site
How apt this thread should come up now.
Quite surprised to see a manager of a well known yacht racer working on a small Boston Whaler type open fishing boat called "Master Baiter" last weekend in Haslar.

macd

Visit site
On seeing "Whatever" I immediately thought of its current usage, but surely the "little joke" is more than that?

As I wrote before, I think it may indeed be more than that - but also current usage: "Whatever floats your boat". It seems to me quite likely that a well-read Dutchman speaking good English would be more familiar with that than with the dismissive, plain "whatever".

Picking the expression apart literally, anything that floats your boat is good, yes? Therefore, "whatever" is good.

Of course it could just be that the namer's partner complains of being neglected whenever he sets off for a day on the boat, to which he habitually replies...

I guess we'll never know.

Last edited:

aquaplane

www.utilitywarehouse.co.uk
My first ever boat was a Jag 25 called "MT Pockets" I didn't have the heart to change it and since it was on Windermere I never had to show myself up on the VHF.

It helps if the cost of new vinyls to change the name, which can't be much, exceed how much the name offends you.

rogerthebodger

Visit site
Friend of mine names his boat "So Basic" after he made a crude comment to his secretary as she said he was so basic .

We have a couple of boats names "@work" is one so when the owner is asked where he is he can say "at work".

Another one is 'The Office" for the same reason "I'm at the office"