Wildlife in Chichester Harbour.

Refueler

Visit site
Wildlife ! Every year we get Ducks make their way to us ..... early year - its Pairs with often their young from last year ... which then becomes Mum's with their Ducklings ... 'Drakes seem to go off somewhere ...

At this time of year .. September - the Ducklings are about 3/4 size or more and hard to tell from their Mum's ...

The photo is my Wife feeding them ... this happens 2x sometimes 3x a day .... we have counted over 100 in such feeding ....

0iVza8ul.jpg

They actually walk up the garden at same time each day .. even to the door !! Our dogs know to leave them alone ... but Clyde sometimes ignores command .. but the ducks just flock to the water ..

My pontoons of course are covered in Duck Poop every day and I have to hose them down ...

In early till late summer - we usually have a Canada Goose pair ... they normally move on late August ...

Other life ? Because of the abundant small fish ... we have Cormorants and Heron's ... along with Storks.

winch2

Visit site
Nothing as impressive as the Op's encounter but we too are in Chi Harb and I often marvel at the amount of large fish hovering underneath our mooring bouy, just sat there motionless for ages.....

johnalison

Visit site
Nothing as impressive as the Op's encounter but we too are in Chi Harb and I often marvel at the amount of large fish hovering underneath our mooring bouy, just sat there motionless for ages.....
We only get mullet, but I’ve seen fish more like bass around boats somewhere on the South Coast, maybe Dover.

A mackerel frenzy is good fun to watch. We caught a good one just off the town pontoon in Dartmouth.

salar

harley25refit.blogspot.co.uk
Usually grey mullet and some of them are monsters. There are probably even more under your hull but you won't see them without a GoPro on a stick, but you may be surprised how many are under there.

alahol2

www.troppo.co.uk
Usually grey mullet and some of them are monsters. There are probably even more under your hull but you won't see them without a GoPro on a stick, but you may be surprised how many are under there.
You can occasionally see and hear the mullet grazing on the hull. Unfortunately they don't eat enough to keep the hull clean.