Wife says its ether 240V, or she won’t come cruising.

BigJoe

Visit site
Nealo………………………………….

I am quite new to this Forum malarkey, so I am not that surprised my “ innocent post “ got hijacked.

I now have my Kipor 2600 generator, which I ran on the boat for, for 6hrs without a refill. I must admit that I am very pleased with its performance so far, I will need to purchase some locking washers, as the casing screws backed out, apart from that it was a great susses.

Heckler

Visit site
Nealo………………………………….

I am quite new to this Forum malarkey, so I am not that surprised my “ innocent post “ got hijacked.

I now have my Kipor 2600 generator, which I ran on the boat for, for 6hrs without a refill. I must admit that I am very pleased with its performance so far, I will need to purchase some locking washers, as the casing screws backed out, apart from that it was a great susses.
Good on ya Joe, keep em sweet, dont wear out the big engine, all the power you want. I take no notice of the pedants, get on with it and it and make it happen!
Stu

blueglass

Visit site
I second that, or if you do never run it in an anchorage if it can be heard from other boats.

Why do folk get their knickers in a twist about gennies being heard around anchorages, but ignore the scores of boats lying at anchor with their engine running for hours for the same purpose. Our inboard diesel genset is VERY quiet and often completely masked by engines on other boats. No problem to us - but you never hear complaints about engines, only gennies.

qweetcher

Visit site
Wife says its ether 240V, or she won’t come cruising.

Help……………………………….

I posted this on 2 other forums, just thought you guys would have some input as well.

I am in a dilemma, I have shore power that supplies 240V when alongside, but nada when cruising and anchor hopping.
The Mrs, apparently, wont go more that 3 day without using her GHD hair straighteners.
I have looked at a diesel inboard gen set but the 15K price tag scared me off ( I am Scottish eh ).
I was thinking of in inverter, but would I need to increase my alternator size ? and battery bank ?, or would a cheep and nasty petrol generator do a job.

Thanks in advance for any help or tips.

I hope your wife is sorted out with her GHDs. I never leave home without mine.

Q xx

JamesFrance

Sant Carles Marina, Spain and Carcassonne
Visit site
Why do folk get their knickers in a twist about gennies being heard around anchorages, but ignore the scores of boats lying at anchor with their engine running for hours for the same purpose. Our inboard diesel genset is VERY quiet and often completely masked by engines on other boats. No problem to us - but you never hear complaints about engines, only gennies.

Well an hour or so in the morning is one thing, but the engines of various types running late at night so someone can watch tv is what I find objectionable and seems to be quite a problem these days. It is all about having consideration for others which seems to be becoming a rarity now.