Who has seen the highest tide today?

ProDave

Alness / Black Isle Northern Scottish Highlands.
Visit site
Who has seen the highest tide today?

Here is my entry:

1712500763467.png

I wasn't actually there, someone else took the picture, but I swear the pontoons are higher than the harbour wall. I have never seen it that high, even on a tide supposed to be higher than today. No doubt a storm surge due to Kathleen.

NormanS

Visit site
Extremely high tide in Loch Creran this morning. Much higher than forecast.
Not unexpected with strong Sly wind and low pressure.

dunedin

Visit site
Are you sure they have such things as coefficients in Scotland?

Sounds rather too namby-pamby and foreign (Latin-ish) for Scotland. I'd expect Scotland's tides to be affected by something far more elemental, not to mention rudely named! ;)
Tidal Coefficients are a great way of getting a quick guide on the scale of tides. Not sure why not used in UK.
Usually look this up before doing a BIG tide - like Corryvreckan, Pentland Firth or Morbihan.
Was mid tide on a 110+ Spring when went into Morbihan the first time. Up to Vannes fairly quickly.

LittleSister

Me Norfolk/Suffolk border - Boat Deben & Southwold
Visit site

The Q

Visit site
Took the dog for a walk on the beach today and the water was as low as I've ever seen it. Also looking at the flood warning map for the area, it's as big as I've ever seen it.. if it came to pass we'd be on a small island.

Frogmogman

Visit site
Big tidal coefficient today -112 this afternoon
Coefficients of 112,113 today in SQP
IMG_1607.jpeg

I was looking through the moorings brochure for a catamaran rental this Xmas, and it warned that it was only for experienced navigators, as there could be as much as 2m of tide, which gave us a good laugh saying (in the Monty Python yorkshiremen voices) 2m of tide ? Used to dream of 2m of tide 😂

capnsensible

Visit site

Wakatere

Visit site
At Easter I was explaining to my granddaughter that if the water ever gets over the high point by the creek at Alverstoke the village will flood. And it has.

jlavery

Visit site
1m surge in Chichester Harbour.

Lord Raglan pub flooded (again). Quite a few other properties will have flooded too.
Screenshot_20240409-095116.jpg