which anchor are you using?

Allan

Visit site
I know you're just trolling, but I suppose for the record it's necessary to repeat -

~

They don't know this to be true, but it's a red herring argument. I'm not a welder and don't claim to be. Peter, the Rocna designer, and the production engineering people involved in Rocna fabrication, however, have extensive relevent experience.

Yes.

Why would they? A strawman argument: Rocna has nothing to do with Lloyd's.

There's a significant difference between valid and sensible measures to reduce costing, and those which result in serious flaws in construction, a weaker product, and poorer performance.

I know it's just an attempt at waving away anything they don't like hearing by way of condescension, but I'm not 24. Unfortunately not very close to it either anymore :(

This is correct. With a tug capable of a 20 tonne bollard pull, and you're using gear sized for 100 kg anchors, if you hang an anchor up on something on the bottom, and tell the operator to keep increasing the force until something lets go, well something eventually lets go. I would like to know if Manson also know about the cracked welds on the Supreme we were testing, the result of the upper plate of the thin laminated fluke distorting?

~

I think it's unfortunate when a manufacturer who has no inhouse design talent, and produces only knock-offs of others' designs, resorts to fabricating their own version of the truth when the people they injure let the cat out of the bag rather than quietly going away. Rather than discussing the serious issues with their own product(s), they attempt to mislead the public about the very product they copied and are trying to undermine - all the while shouting disparagement.
Young Craigy darling, have you thought of moving into politics? You have used a lot of of words and not answered anything, something that would put you into any political party over here!
One thing that upsets me, as a proud father and son, why don't you refer to the designer of the Rocna anchor as Dad or Father? It must be very disappointing to Peter that you feel the need to distance yourself from him the way you do.
Allan