What can I do in the Wash for a weekend???

larson250

Visit site
We plan to head for the Wash, weather permitting, over the next few weekends. Has anyone got any suggestions as to where to go, what to do, where to anchor/stay overnight?

macnorton

Visit site
Boston, Wisbech and Lynn are the main ports (I would recomend Wisbech on the Nene), fishing can be good on the edge of the "Well". otherwise mudflats, sandbanks and seals and birds.

There are a few areas you can anchor that are sheltered at low tide plenty more info on the East Coast forum.

If you want the tide tables for Wisbech cut send me your email.

oGaryo

Visit site
We plan to head for the Wash, weather permitting, over the next few weekends. Has anyone got any suggestions as to where to go, what to do, where to anchor/stay overnight?

whatever you do don't create a wash in the wash if you want to remain outside the ever frowning gaze of Mr Price:eek:

CX54WEK

Visit site
A quick blast down the Norfolk coast to Wells next the Sea would be my choice. Lovely place. We are off there again from Lincoln in a few weeks.

CX54WEK

Visit site
We are planning a run to there from St Neots in a few weeks. Would you be planning to be there over the bank holiday weekend?

We have a fair few boats from the Sealine Forum heading for Wells during bank holiday week. Some are just there for the weekend, some, us included are there for most of the week (weather dependant of course).

Hopefully the weather will be a copy of when we went last year. Wall to wall blue skies and light winds all week. Well fingers crossed anyway.

larson250

Visit site
And me on first thoughts whites first then colours!!!!

I have to say knowing you lot, I expected worse than this.

Thanks for the suggestions so far.

Wells is definitely being considered at the minute. weather dependant of course.

Cheers

oldgit

Visit site

A quick look at some of Dylans posts and video(Saily forum) might help.He has been "doing" the Wash recently in the Slug.