What’s the name of the plug I need?

madabouttheboat

Visit site
I have this 12v outlet on my MAB and wondered what sort of plug goes in it. It’s smaller than a cigarette lighter socket and an actually look far better made as well. I’ve tried googling, but I’m getting no where. Is there a name for the plug that fits this? Thanks

I was going to ask #halcyon as I understand he was something to do with these KDD panels but I notice he’s not been active since last Nov.
IMG_3793.jpeg

Last edited:

noelex

Visit site
It looks like a DIN (or sometimes called merit) socket.

These are a popular "improved" cigarette lighter socket/plug that will handle a high current more reliably and with less heat. Some DIN sockets are designed to accept both a DIN and a cigarette lighter plug.

You_Doodle_2024-09-01T18_07_56Z.jpeg

Last edited:

thinwater

sail-delmarva.blogspot.com

These are a popular "improved" cigarette lighter socket/plug that will handle a high current more reliably and with less heat. Some DIN sockets are designed to accept both a DIN and cigarette lighter plug.

View attachment 182299
^^ Common on motorcycles. Look there. Many adapters, extensions, and gadgets on Amazon.

penberth3

Visit site

These are a popular "improved" cigarette lighter socket/plug that will handle a high current more reliably and with less heat. Some DIN sockets are designed to accept both a DIN and a cigarette lighter plug.

View attachment 182299

Yes, often known as a Hella socket, after the auto-electrical manufacturer.

Refueler

Visit site
I know OP's quest is sorted ....

But its interesting that I have had quite a few cars over the years and found that the ciggy socket is not always same size .. when I tried in a previous Volvo I had (760) ... I could not use the ciggy lighter from my Ford 2.8i ...

madabouttheboat

Visit site
That doesn’t look original by the way the ‘1’ of the ‘12 v’ has been obscured.

Might be easier to fit a replacement socket that you can easily get a plug for?
Thanks all. Think I have ordered what I need.

I thought the same about originality at first, but looking at the wiring behind I would say it was definitely original.