Wet and windy Med

sailaboutvic

Visit site
It's just incredible two dry day in 10 days , thunderstorms day and night for four days now,
wind of between 25 and 35 kts roar throught day and night at times touching 45 kts.
I can't remember this weather in this part of the Med lasting for so long this time of year and there no let off till the end of the week and that's if it doesn't change again.
750w solar and all that's been seen is just a few amps , our winter cockpit cover refuse to stop the rain coming in now it's so wet .

I would say it's Dismal and boring but that be under estimating what's it's been like living on board the last few weeks,

Any work on the boat has stopped ,
Going to the supermarket which is just out side the marina,have you looking like a drown rat by the time you get there,
at times just going to the toilets you risk getting blown of the pontoon that rolling from side to side most of the time.
It's so dark at times we having to keep lights on due the day time.
The two night a week social life at happy three hour have stop so had the Sunday BBQ,
No one vengeance out .

The only advance is the deck are clean ,
that's untill the wind turn Southey and bring with it sand.

And at less the new windows I replace before the weather turned had a good test for leaks .

I can't wait to get on that plane next week ( not something I ever tho I say) at the very less I be able to stretch my legs .

Live aboard realty is nothing like the front cover of YM .

syvictoria

Visit site
Wow. Sounds savage. At least you do have the upcoming trip to look forward to. Hopefully normal winter conditions will have resumed by the time you arrive back! ☔??

Bouba

Visit site
It’s quite miserable here in the SoF but this morning is bight and sunny. Where are you?

billskip

Visit site
Theres a lot to be said for summer Mediterranean, winter Canaries....

Lovely start to the day ...again...just off down to the marina.....?

sailaboutvic

Visit site
It’s quite miserable here in the SoF but this morning is bight and sunny. Where are you?
This far south the odd day rain is expected in Nov followed with days of sunny claim weather but nothing like we been having , if any thing the tables have been turned .
At less it's still warm .

Star-Lord

Visit site
Yep this time last year and year before in central med was glorious! Obv keeping an umbrella on board is sensible!!