Wet and windy Med

Yngmar

Visit site
Time to go live in a house, Vic? :ROFLMAO:

We looked at the weather in Sicily and delayed our return a couple weeks. The sun is at quite a low angle here in the north, but at least it shows occasionally! :)

Visit site
It's just incredible two dry day in 10 days , thunderstorms day and night for four days now,
wind of between 25 and 35 kts roar throught day and night at times touching 45 kts.
I can't remember this weather in this part of the Med lasting for so long this time of year and there no let off till the end of the week and that's if it doesn't change again.
750w solar and all that's been seen is just a few amps , our winter cockpit cover refuse to stop the rain coming in now it's so wet .

I would say it's Dismal and boring but that be under estimating what's it's been like living on board the last few weeks,

Any work on the boat has stopped ,
Going to the supermarket which is just out side the marina,have you looking like a drown rat by the time you get there,
at times just going to the toilets you risk getting blown of the pontoon that rolling from side to side most of the time.
It's so dark at times we having to keep lights on due the day time.
The two night a week social life at happy three hour have stop so had the Sunday BBQ,
No one vengeance out .

The only advance is the deck are clean ,
that's untill the wind turn Southey and bring with it sand.

And at less the new windows I replace before the weather turned had a good test for leaks .

I can't wait to get on that plane next week ( not something I ever tho I say) at the very less I be able to stretch my legs .

Live aboard realty is nothing like the front cover of YM .
Live aboard is never what the cover stories or YouTube show. Nonetheless, it's still better being on the water than not (if you've the money to be in a Marina) - sosntoo the whinge! BtW, you must give a location and, above all, say the air temperature (because without the latter the real 'missery' just can't be appreciated!

Rwc13

Visit site
And yet the Algarve has had almost perfect weather throughoit October and November, with the exception of the weekend in the middle, and the great weather looks set to continue to the end of November at least. This morning not a cloud in the sky (again), no wind and predicted 22 degrees

sailaboutvic

Visit site
And yet the Algarve has had almost perfect weather throughoit October and November, with the exception of the weekend in the middle, and the great weather looks set to continue to the end of November at least. This morning not a cloud in the sky (again), no wind and predicted 22 degrees
Oct was a rough month we spend weeks just moving around to find shelter from on coming storms a couple of time we had to move twice in a day as the winds where going to change partly through the night.

Yesterday it was nice and sunny so to day so look like BBQ is on Monday Again fine but Tuesday the rain return,
Temps have been fine mostly in their 20c but being stuck inside while it's pissing down and blowing days on end is no fun .
A month is Northren Europe if freezing Temperature and I soon be wishing I was back on board .

TSailors

Visit site
Very sorry to hear that! In Izmir/Turkey we have the opposite -- just 2 days of rain showers in the last, um, 4 months!
This week likewise looks dry. Starting to get worried.

superboots

Visit site
Don't know your location but here in Aegean Turkey the weather has been glorious Since I arrived on 13th September there have been no more than 2 or three times it has rained . Winds moderate to calm, temperatures above the normal average

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Don't know your location but here in Aegean Turkey the weather has been glorious Since I arrived on 13th September there have been no more than 2 or three times it has rained . Winds moderate to calm, temperatures above the normal average
We left to day for some weeks , only been away for 6 hour when thus came throught the marina

Attachments

• received_1522902284776564.jpeg
    received_1522902284776564.jpeg
    36.9 KB · Views: 39

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Sciacca got hit as well:

Hope everyone and their boats are okay!
We not there but Howard said there was a heck of a noise and wind was very strong and he sure my boat was ok, maybe ask him or Simon who just return to go over and take a look at your boat.
Photo taken by Howard after he send the kids down below but not before tightening everything including the solar and bikes down.,

Yngmar

Visit site
We not there but Howard said there was a heck of a noise and wind was very strong and he sure my boat was ok, maybe ask him or Simon who just return to go over and take a look at your boat.

Aye, sent them an email asking to look if there's some bits of roof or an old fishing boat laying on our deck ?

Footage and pix from Licata in these two articles (Scroll down):

Tromba d'aria a Marianello, incombe il maltempo - LicataNotizie

Danni al porto causati dalla tromba d'aria, il sindaco Galanti sul posto - LicataNotizie

Looks like it hit the fishing port and the boatyards, but the cranes didn't fall over and it stopped before the marina. Bloody close again - two years ago the day before the breakwater got smashed in, one tore the roof off Conad.

Edit: Gotta love this guy (sound!): https://www.licatanotizie.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/11/WhatsApp-Video-2021-11-16-at-17.29.52.mp4

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Aye, sent them an email asking to look if there's some bits of roof or an old fishing boat laying on our deck ?

Footage and pix from Licata in these two articles (Scroll down):

Tromba d'aria a Marianello, incombe il maltempo - LicataNotizie

Danni al porto causati dalla tromba d'aria, il sindaco Galanti sul posto - LicataNotizie

Looks like it hit the fishing port and the boatyards, but the cranes didn't fall over and it stopped before the marina. Bloody close again - two years ago the day before the breakwater got smashed in, one tore the roof off Conad.

Edit: Gotta love this guy (sound!): https://www.licatanotizie.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/11/WhatsApp-Video-2021-11-16-at-17.29.52.mp4
If you remember the marina got everyone to leave their boat that year as the pontoon was about to part , no one told us , we only found out when we left the boat in the morning to go for a shower .

Last edited:

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Yngmar a video from wim

Look like it was cross the western breakwater and closer to your boat then ours ,
Had a few conversation with people there and it seen there was no damage to boats .

Last edited: