Waved at a good few today

Richard Shead

Slipped Anchor
Visit site
Went from Old Windsor to just before Boulters and back again for a little meander, twas a biggun (48 feet) so some locks and Windsor bridge were / was fun! I particularly liked being told to go port side when crew and fenders were starboard (this was half way down the chamber) usually I would have said of course but there was about 1 foot either side of the boat max so it would not have made any difference whatsoever apart from swapping sides half way through the manoeuvre. He was a temp.

Another lock also took its time thats because both sets of sluices were fully open! I wont name and shame but you would not get this at Teddington ;)

No Regrets

Visit site
I wasn't waving, I fell in and was looking for somebody to rescue me!

Some bloke went past in a forty-footer, nearly mowed me down too.....

He nearly got me at the third attempt too... :p

At least you got the one good weather day this weekend! :encouragement:

Richard Shead

Slipped Anchor
Visit site
I dunno we bumped into another one ! I rather enjoyed taking it in and out of gear all day .... And that was just the one engine !

Very kindly loaned to us and returned to its new home on the Thames.

Agreed too big for the Thames and about 2 inches underneath Windsor and that was with a completely clear roof ( everything taken off)

From what I understand it's spent its life at sea possibly some of it overseas.

The flip side it's one hell of an entertaining boat !

Gavi

Visit site
Courtesy of the other Mr Shead perhaps? Sounds like fun. Do not forget that there is always a cold beer waiting for you at Church Island

Richard Shead

Slipped Anchor
Visit site
I waved at you from Windsor marina slip way, but you didn't wave back!!!

The other S48 was probably Seaduction? Superb boat :)

Apologies, probably trying to stop my 13month old pushing the throttles forward..

Yes that was the name of the other one, very tidy boat indeed, although he did not wave.....but he did have his fenders up.