Water Strainers - Need to work out the Manufacturer

admillington

Visit site
I am struggling to work out who makes the engines water strainers fitted to my Princess - have asked Princess Motor Yacht Sales Parts and have been waiting for more than a month and despite chasing multiple times, still no answer. So much for what I was told when I visited the factory by Bill Barrow that a customer could come back after 20 years and find out what part was installed on their particular boat - cannot get the info after 20 weeks.

I have had two issues, firstly one of them leaked as the seal was damaged when fitted from new and I didn't notice apart from excess water in the bilge - noticed when I saw all the corrosion! - this has been fixed but I want a full set of seals and strainers on board. Secondly they have small anodes on the top of the strainer baskets that are disappearing fast and I want to get some spares.

Asked around at the boat show and didn't get very far.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w79elkx8wwetmmk/Strainers.JPG?dl=0

Closer up

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jmsvbq0jdaq9jny/2016-09-17 15.10.57 (1).jpg?dl=0

Anodes

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hj5yebie0w8c4v9/Anodes.jpg?dl=0

Thank you in advance.

Andrew

Last edited:

andy59

Visit site
I think they are made by Meastrini Andrew , ASAP sell them and are good guys to deal with . I feel your pain dealing with princess parts :(

aquapower

Visit site
Those are Maestrini and as already said ASAP is the supplier, definitly not Guidi.

Was the supplying dealer not able to supply parts?

admillington

Visit site
I think they are made by Meastrini Andrew , ASAP sell them and are good guys to deal with . I feel your pain dealing with princess parts :(

Cannot understand the situation with Princess Parts - I have ordered a couple of items off them that came to just short of a £1K and they were great but as soon as it required some investigation and effort - NOTHING

andy59

Visit site
Cannot understand the situation with Princess Parts - I have ordered a couple of items off them that came to just short of a £1K and they were great but as soon as it required some investigation and effort - NOTHING
Its very frustrating , i have had a list of parts that i need outstanding for a few months now , most of which they probably still use on current models , ( i have a P42 ).
Princess have the knowledge , the buying power and the staff to be able to have a decent parts supply dept , maybe they are short of cardboard boxes and stamps ;)
BTW , love your boat , admired it in Yarmouth a few times , the blue hull gives her really nice lines :cool:

Last edited:

admillington

Visit site
Its very frustrating , i have had a list of parts that i need outstanding for a few months now , most of which they probably still use on current models , ( i have a P42 ).
Princess have the knowledge , the buying power and the staff to be able to have a decent parts supply dept , maybe they are short of cardboard boxes and stamps ;)
BTW , love your boat , admired it in Yarmouth a few times , the blue hull gives her really nice lines :cool:

What I cannot understand it that how can it not be profitable to run a Princess Parts dept - they charge premium prices so the margin would be good.

petem

www.fairlineownersclub.com
admillington, were you trying to order the part from Princess or find out who the supplier was so that you could bypass the parts department? If the latter then I can partly understand why they are being as responsive as they could be. On my Fairline website I have a list of OEM supplier but I do know that Fairline prefer people to order parts through them to ensure that the parts department remains viable and profitable which is in everyone's interest.

But I do agree that all manufacturers need to raise their game, in particularly with the supply of legacy parts.

admillington

Visit site
admillington, were you trying to order the part from Princess or find out who the supplier was so that you could bypass the parts department? If the latter then I can partly understand why they are being as responsive as they could be. On my Fairline website I have a list of OEM supplier but I do know that Fairline prefer people to order parts through them to ensure that the parts department remains viable and profitable which is in everyone's interest.

But I do agree that all manufacturers need to raise their game, in particularly with the supply of legacy parts.

I was trying to buy the part from Princess not bypass them to go direct. I don't believe I have wasted their time before - asked them for details on two things previously and purchased both and paid immediately.

petem

www.fairlineownersclub.com
I was trying to buy the part from Princess not bypass them to go direct. I don't believe I have wasted their time before - asked them for details on two things previously and purchased both and paid immediately.

That must be frustrating, no wonder you ended up trying to but the part directly. I wonder if they log these things on some system or just on scraps of paper. I would hope that even after the event somebody at Princess Parts would be able to look into their records and investigate what went wrong.

admillington

Visit site
That must be frustrating, no wonder you ended up trying to but the part directly. I wonder if they log these things on some system or just on scraps of paper. I would hope that even after the event somebody at Princess Parts would be able to look into their records and investigate what went wrong.

I doubt they are that concerned - they have sold a boat.

Asm

Visit site
Sorry to hear if your problems re Princess spares, it's not been my experience!
Sorry about the bum steer re Guidi, I suggested them because my P56 (Volvo's) is fitted with them (I got spare lids this week)
On a previous post I think you said you purchased from Essex boats, on this site, they have a good reputation for back-up, I take it they couldn't help?

admillington

Visit site
Sorry to hear if your problems re Princess spares, it's not been my experience!
Sorry about the bum steer re Guidi, I suggested them because my P56 (Volvo's) is fitted with them (I got spare lids this week)
On a previous post I think you said you purchased from Essex boats, on this site, they have a good reputation for back-up, I take it they couldn't help?

boats.co.uk - ex Essex have sorted out a lot for me over the years but I wasn't going to trouble them for parts as well.

Roger has been in touch