Water fresh

BrianH

www.brianhenry.byethost18.com
Ah well... I go boating with my husband... life's little comforts...:eek::p
So the inference to be drawn from that is that you have all the "civilised amenities" that you propose I should have to persuade my wife to cruise with me. Lucky you, to have such a luxurious vessel. :D

However, honesty prompts me to admit it wasn't the primitive cave-dwelling standard aboard that deterred my wife, it was a particularly bad year with three ferocious storms in as many weeks - two at anchor and one an unforecasted bora, a gusting, 50-knot, katabatic gale, while transiting the Kvarner Gulf. It was the last that she would never again like to experience and prefers to join me after I have ferried our primitive floating accommodation to some pleasant and protected berth. This year we plan on Venice - easy to reach by train if one can accept the discomfort of an eight-hour, second-class rail journey, which she insists she can. You see, not such a wilting violet. :rolleyes:

sailaboutvic

Visit site
i been cruising the Med for more years then I like to remember one boat only had a 200 lts tank, my last one 400 lts there never been a time when we couldn't find water or ran short of it , we just carried two 20 lts can and when we found it , we topped up our tanks so to cut a long story short , in the Med you don't need a water maker .
NOW after saying all that, 18 month ago when we got the boat we have now ,
I decided i build my own water maker, one reason is , I am getting a bit old in the tooth to keep carrying cans about , another reason was , we always brought bottle water to drink , one case of bad illness over water was enough not to want to get it again ,
since we had it working we not looked back , its make a life lot more comfortable, we can take long showers and do clothes washing much more often as well wash the deck with fresh water and we don't need to buy bottle water , as it happen our water is much better then bottle water and at times helping other out with a few gls.
Ike a lot of things on boats, you can do without but it nicer to have .
one last thing the TDS in the marina we in is 590 tested it the other day , a bottle water here was tested at 280 , our water maker is 110

Last edited:

shan

Visit site
So the inference to be drawn from that is that you have all the "civilised amenities" that you propose I should have to persuade my wife to cruise with me. Lucky you, to have such a luxurious vessel. :D

However, honesty prompts me to admit it wasn't the primitive cave-dwelling standard aboard that deterred my wife, it was a particularly bad year with three ferocious storms in as many weeks - two at anchor and one an unforecasted bora, a gusting, 50-knot, katabatic gale, while transiting the Kvarner Gulf. It was the last that she would never again like to experience and prefers to join me after I have ferried our primitive floating accommodation to some pleasant and protected berth. This year we plan on Venice - easy to reach by train if one can accept the discomfort of an eight-hour, second-class rail journey, which she insists she can. You see, not such a wilting violet. :rolleyes:

Nope, not a huge luxurious vessel... just a 26ft little sailboat that was adjusted to accommodate my needs as well as my OH's. Admittedly, I would also feel uncomfortable in the conditions described. I have been through some nasty storms and it's never fun.:eek:

RupertW

Visit site
A lot of women only like sailing until they get married and get control of your credit card. Then their interests revert to shoes and handbags.

Wow - we've been married 25 years and never got close to a joint account or credit card. And she still loves sailing but on her terms which is two heads and hot water,warm seas and a hot climate as often as possible. Shoes and handbags take over our house but that's her issue. I buy unnecessary sails.

Lynette

Visit site
A lot of women only like sailing until they get married and get control of your credit card. Then their interests revert to shoes and handbags.
Men can be SO uncaring. Every time I buy new shoes or a handbag for the boat, HE insists I throw one of my old ones out! What about all the space he takes up with his stupid tools?

AndrewB

Visit site
... 2 showers each [daily] (normal routine, would be more if swimming because of hosing off with fresh water) not including hair washing (every day in warm weather ...
OCD? Or am I a dinosaur?

And 3 litres daily each of water?? I don't even get through that much beer!

shan

Visit site
OCD? Or am I a dinosaur?

And 3 litres daily each of water?? I don't even get through that much beer!

You're a dinosaur. :rolleyes:

3 litres is probably and underestimation. Tea and coffee amount to approximately 750ml of water a day per person and I every easily consume 2.5 litres of water a day. I don't drink fizzy drinks or fruit juices.