Water filter cartridges

C08

Visit site
My two water tank filters are overdue for replacement and @ about £33 each for Whale Aquasource I am looking for cheaper replacements. I have jut been looking at refrigerator water filters which look to be a similar spec and at about £8 seem worth a try. Any experience with these filters, they look to be smaller so may need replacing more often but still that may noyt be such a bad thing?

alahol2

www.troppo.co.uk
I swapped over to using 'fridge' filters using these people... Fridge filter kit
Because my boat had old fashioned 'hosepipe' I had to get various adapters to get it all to fit.
I now buy my filters off Amazon eg Cartridges
One thing to note, the pipes used by the filters are much smaller so my Whale flipper pumps are much harder to operate. I also have an electric water pump and that seems to have no difficulty.

Attachments

• DSC05007.JPG
    DSC05007.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 5

C08

Visit site
I swapped over to using 'fridge' filters using these people... Fridge filter kit
Because my boat had old fashioned 'hosepipe' I had to get various adapters to get it all to fit.
I now buy my filters off Amazon eg Cartridges
One thing to note, the pipes used by the filters are much smaller so my Whale flipper pumps are much harder to operate. I also have an electric water pump and that seems to have no difficulty.
Thanks for that.

geem

Visit site
We use standard 10" clear filter housings. Two in series. First one houses a 1 micron filter, the second, a carbon block filter. The l micron filters are just over £2 each. The carbon filters are about £6.50 each. We change them about every 6 to 12 months. If you buy clear filter housings, you can see how dirty the filter is. It's a good indicator of the condition of your water tank.

Other threads that may be of interest