Washboard/hatch lock

Neraida

www.neraida.org.uk
Anybody know where I can get one of these? I've had a new washboard made for the boat and don't have a lock for the companionway hatch or the washboard. I've tried loads of chandlers and none of them seem to stock any.

Many thanks

<hr width=100% size=1>

burgundyben

Visit site
try Timage in essex, they do a whole loadsof locks in their catalogue, not on the web tho.

<hr width=100% size=1>Sod the Healey - I think I'll buy an E-Type.

samwise

kalessin-of-orwell.blogspot.com
The best solution I have found is the RORC lock that I bought from Mike Lucas Yachting ( see his website) . The lock allows the washboards to be locked while underway ( if you are expecting to be pooped or the rain is heavy) but the inside lever allows it to be opened from the inside. It is simple to operate, simple to fit and very secure. We use a combination lock padlock when we are leaving the boat. It ain't cheap bit it is excellent quality and does the job beautifully. Talk to Mike, he's very helpful.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Neraida

www.neraida.org.uk
Thanks for that, sounds as though it's a good lock, looked at the web-site, will call in the morning. Thanks for the replies, goodness knows how many questions I have asked on this forum, all have come to a happy end/result too!!

<hr width=100% size=1>