Wanted: Cheap inflatable tender

GetItDone

Visit site
Hi all,

I've finally bought a little 23ft sailing boat with a friend, and we're now trying to get all of our kit sorted on a budget so we can get going!

The one major thing we're missing is a tender as she's out on a mooring and we need to be able to get to her. Most of the tenders for sale online are a bit out of our budget, so I was wondering if anybody had an old tender lying around they'd be willing to sell, ideally for under £150?

As long as it holds air for a few days that's all we really need. Happy to do some patching etc. but ideally it'll be able to get us to/from the boat this weekend reasonably safely. Would ideally like a solid transom but anything that will take an outboard would be perfect - though not essential since we don't yet have one!

We're based in Bedfordshire, and the boat is in Southampton, so anywhere vaguely close to those places or anywhere in between would be ideal for collection, though we're willing to travel for the right deal!

Many thanks in advance!

Goldie

Visit site
Will you also want to store the dinghy aboard for when you’re cruising and away from your mooring? If so, may I suggest that you look for a ‘round tail’ rather than one with a hard transom as they pack down much smaller. My suggestion would be to look for an Avon Redstart (8ft) or Avon Redcrest (9ft) which are made of Hypalon and last almost for ever. Both the above can be fitted with a removable outboard bracket and are sometimes available in or around your budget. Good luck in your search.

Not on your route, but could any of these work?

Avon Redstart Inflatable Dinghy | in Sittingbourne, Kent | Gumtree

Avon Redstart dinghy. | in Bournemouth, Dorset | Gumtree

Avon Redstart Inflatable Dinghy | in Plymouth, Devon | Gumtree

Last edited:

GetItDone

Visit site
Will you also want to store the dinghy aboard for when you’re cruising and away from your mooring? If so, may I suggest that you look for a ‘round tail’ rather than one with a hard transom as they pack down much smaller. My suggestion would be to look for an Avon Redstart (8ft) or Avon Redcrest (9ft) which are made of Hypalon and last almost for ever. Both the above can be fitted with a removable outboard bracket and are sometimes available in or around your budget. Good luck in your search.

Not on your route, but could any of these work?

Avon Redstart Inflatable Dinghy | in Sittingbourne, Kent | Gumtree

Avon Redstart dinghy. | in Bournemouth, Dorset | Gumtree

Avon Redstart Inflatable Dinghy | in Plymouth, Devon | Gumtree
Thank you for the advice! I managed to find a too good to ignore deal on a plastimo dinghy with a solid transom which, admittedly, is a little big & heavy for our boat but I figure it'll do for now and then we can re-assess. Noted regarding the Avon's, I might look at one for keeping aboard in the future! Many thanks!