Volvo TAMD 73/74 and 75 ECU - Cause for concern?

vas

Visit site
tbh Mike, in your boots, I wouldn't mind a monthly update as long as there's something to report and they are actively working on it...

good luck!

Imperial One

www.imperial-yachtbrokers.com
tbh Mike, in your boots, I wouldn't mind a monthly update as long as there's something to report and they are actively working on it...

good luck!
Hi Vas,
I agree with the "there's something to report and they are actively working on it..." element of your post.
I just need to keep a handle on it and I was promised a weekly update so, to be honest, that is kind of what I expect.
I just hope that they are working on it otherwise I will have to go public ian the magazines as well.
Mike.

Imperial One

Hi Pete and a very Happy New Year to you.

Nothing from VP at all. I have been out of action since 23rd as I had an operation which laid me low.
I am back properly this week and have just spoken to the owner as well this afternoon and we are both going to chase Volvo today and see what is going on.
It's a fair bet that Christmas and New Year will be cited as a delay.

I will update here once I have something.

All the best,

Mike.

Imperial One

Good evening all.
With Christmas and New Year well behind us so no excuses to be had there, I am afraid that there is still no update from VP about the availability of these new EDC units.
I sent a chaser mail last Thursday but have not yet had any reply.:unsure:
I have not gone, and will not go, away - as soon as I get any news I will post it here for all to see.

Imperial One

Here we are again 3 weeks on and surprise, surprise, not a dickie bird has been heard.
I ma beginning to get more than a little peeved with Volvo again and think I will have to contact the Top Lady once more.
She certainly got things moving the last time.

We need to get a resolution ASAP so that the boat can be used this season, Heaven knows many of us did not get any boating last year thanks to Covid.

I will report back as soon as I get a reply from some/anybody!

Imperial One

There was a news item at the beginning of the week, that said Volvo have issues getting hold of Silicon chips for essential electrical components and as a result were slowing production of trucks.
No mention off any issues on th eboat engines though, just trucks.
VP have not even come back with this excuse .....yet.

[2068]

Visit site
Some car manufacturers have paused production due to chip shortages.
I ordered an NVidia Graphics Card in October, queue position 1017. Current queue position 190.

Try buying an XBox Series X, PS5, Yamaha Clavinova 7xx series ... you cannot.
The global supply chain for advanced electronics is hugely messed up right now.

volvopaul

hotmail.co.uk
I still think there is more to the problem of no manufacturing on this item especially when you discuss issues with supplying dealers , I do hope this gets sorted but I am not holding my breath .

Reactions: vas

Boat2016

Visit site
Some car manufacturers have paused production due to chip shortages.
I ordered an NVidia Graphics Card in October, queue position 1017. Current queue position 190.

Try buying an XBox Series X, PS5, Yamaha Clavinova 7xx series ... you cannot.
The global supply chain for advanced electronics is hugely messed up right now.
See here as that’s what I’m being told by my suppliers of electronic goods.

Factory blaze adds to computer chip supply crisis

jon and michie

Visit site
@Imperial One
@petem
These actions by a large corporation question how really good their products and support service really are.
Yes Volvo may have the large market of boat engines / drives but if they let you down then when the time comes to upgrade the customer is going to think twice on what is fitted to their next boat.

vas

Visit site
when the time comes to upgrade the customer is going to think twice on what is fitted to their next boat.
well spoken, BUT also depends on what are the other options in the market segment customer is focusing on... It seems that in certain segments VP seems to be dominating the market!