Voilent incident on the folly pontoon

Status
Not open for further replies.

SC35

Visit site
There is a general assumption that the behaviour of people with medium sized boats will conform to or exceed a baseline.
Once every now and again there are those that prove the assumption to be not always valid.

Last edited:

stranded

Visit site
There is a general assumption that the behaviour of people with medium sized boats will conform to or exceed a baseline.
Once every now and again there are those that prove the assumption to be not always valid.
Not quite sure what you mean but I havent seen any prejudice against people in medium sized boats, just pricks in boats of any size. Given that it is entirely subjective, not sure that it needs more than personal experience to take a view.

jaminb

Visit site
I was moored on the pontoons on the opposite bank. The boat overtook me coming up the Medina in an eratic fashion, I noticed a bit of commotion whilst they were trying to moor by the pub but didn't know about a fight. Folly launch requested police back up whilst I tied up. The problem boat then dropped anchor opposite me and the 4 crew went for a swim and then left goading the 2 harbour patrol launches and 2 policemen on board who followed them. It was the Strangest thing I have ever seen whilst on my boat, until I went ashore near the festival and was ushered away by a council employee and a search and rescue team.

Boat2016

Visit site
So was it a Targa 40 or a V40 ? seems there’s doubt over the boat type so how about getting facts right before posting…not that it makes it right in any way whats happened but it’s amazing how speculation gets in the way of the truth.

Elessar

Visit site
So was it a Targa 40 or a V40 ? seems there’s doubt over the boat type so how about getting facts right before posting…not that it makes it right in any way whats happened but it’s amazing how speculation gets in the way of the truth.
Don’t be such a moaning old goat. I posted clearly saying I had only seen a video and said the facts could be corrected.
I think the post was of general interest.

SC35

Visit site
pis a 40 footer medium sized. That is a bigun as far as I am concerned

An SC35 / Targa 40 / V40 is "big" if you are in a much smaller boat, but medium sized in the sense of much larger leisure boats also burbling around the Solent.

But that's not the point.
Skippers of these boats don't often behave in that way and get involved in punch-ups: it's very rare.

Bigplumbs

Visit site
Get the facts right before posting………. Why

Boat2016

Visit site
Don’t be such a moaning old goat. I posted clearly saying I had only seen a video and said the facts could be corrected.
I think the post was of general interest.
The truth is of general interest, why not find out what really happened first, too many people quick at shouting before engaging brain.

oldgit

Visit site
A summers tale .
Moored on the upper Medway about 20 miles inland on non tidal section of the river this weekend , locals will know the location well.
EA have put some mooring piles into the river bed just below the lock and weir at East Farleigh.
Free mooring for 48 hours. Not lots of depth so mainly used by small light cabin cruisers found in these locations.
A more tranquil and peaceful spot would hard to find even in ones imagination apart from some of the local youngsters jumping into the lock chamber and walking across the top of the weirgates. :)

Borrowed a chums boat (non flybridge )and took No1 grandson out on his first fishing trip, a proper over nighter with snacks and everything and possibly no evening teeth cleaning either.
Joined late in the evening by a a small cabin cruiser stopping for the night, suspect both boats and crews were retired for the night before 10.00 pm.
You could hear the outboards coming a long way off and no real concerns, just hoping hoping they were simply late night travellers, would transit the lock and be gone.
Around 5 mins later boat is thrown violently around 3 or 4 times in succession as 4 four small inflatables pass by and stop on the lock landing stage and..................
....................................... then continue to circle around causing more wash in the pool below the lock.
Obviously the only way to communicate is to shout loundly at the tops of their voices.
By the time OG has finally got hi truks on and undone the covers the offenders are heading off back down stream, the boat moored in front, has been on to the EA phone hotline.

Following morning nattering to the lock staff when exiting the lock.
The miscreants are well known and have previously been doing the same thing prior to this.
The EA simply do not have the staff to do anything and the Police, who are aware of the situation , are far to busy and have more important things to do on busy Saturday nights.
Lock keepers are well aware of where they launch as well.

The lads concerned did not appear to be seriously under the influence of alcohol, the inflatables and outboards all appeared to be either new or nearly new and skippers ? were all dressed "a la mode" of J D Sports, definatly not livaboards.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Other threads that may be of interest