Viki 32 Flybridge and Sedan

Farmer Piles

Visit site
I was browsing boats online the other day as you do and came across a Viki 32 Fly - now sold. Not come across one before, a nice looking boat and appears to be of a high finish.
Anyone know anything about them? Where they were made and by whom? Just curious really.

Kawasaki

Visit site
I was browsing boats online the other day as you do and came across a Viki 32 Fly - now sold. Not come across one before, a nice looking boat and appears to be of a high finish.
Anyone know anything about them? Where they were made and by whom? Just curious really.
'Viking Marin' Turkish
No UK dealer/ importer now
Was about 2005 ish
Hens teeth in the UK
Did a 10 mile delivery/ test trip on a 32 about 2005
There was a kinda branch/ sub dealer in North Wales at the time
Remember the boats interior having a nice timber fit out
Seemed a decent build quality
Had Yanmars in if I remember
Went ok but a bit bow high
Short trip though probably couldn’t find the trim tabs!
not many sold in the UK that’s for sure
Don’t think it was ‘The Price’ that put people off
Just think it was other circumstances and economic climate at the time
Only ever seen 3!

Farmer Piles

Visit site
Thanks for the replies.
I was on the pontoons at Mylor last week and there was a Viking Marin 34 there, looked similar and another good looking boat. Hadn't realised that it was the same firm. Still one or two coming into the country maybe.

Kikitoo

Visit site
Hi I have a 32 sedan, galley below version. Made in Turkey or Italy under license. They're still building but larger versions. The boat is very well made, beautiful woodwork. No grp to be seen internally. Comfortable at sea, with good sociable cockpit.

Farmer Piles

Visit site
What's the performance like? According to the spec she comes in at over 5t, the Nimbus equivalent, 310/320 is just under 4t with the same engine.
Don't suppose that you are anywhere near Falmouth? I would love to have a look just in case one does come up for sale.

Kikitoo

Visit site
What's the performance like? According to the spec she comes in at over 5t, the Nimbus equivalent, 310/320 is just under 4t with the same engine.
Don't suppose that you are anywhere near Falmouth? I would love to have a look just in case one does come up for sale.
Hi, 6 tonnes displacement, 17 knots but sits very happily at 10-12 knots, having said that and sailed a lot in the past powering along at 6-7 knots is very pleasant indeed. Based in Argyll so sorry not very close. Believe they are quite rare to come on the market, I've known a 34 sedan and a 32 fly, plus this one. There was a 405 and a 465 in Italy I think, looked lovely.

Bat21

Visit site
The 34 is the updated 32, the extra 2' is in the cockpit so doesn't increase the accommodation, there is also a 34AC which had a different designer. The 34 also has a slightly different stern gear so may well get to 20 kts. There was a 32 with smaller twin yanmars which I understand would make 12 -14 due to the increased weight. Our 32 maxes at 18 when clean and a smooth sea , 14-15 is comfortable 240 Yanmar single.

Farmer Piles

Visit site
It's not so much that I am after a fly bridge, but I hadn't seen the Viki before and thought that it had nice lines and was well fitted out. And I knew nothing about the make.
I have been looking at the Antares 9 too as it would do the job. That one is Plymouth is an old listing apparently, I spoke to the broker and it should have been taken off the site - but obviously they haven't. Thanks for the heads up though.

Greg2

Visit site
Coincidentally we passed a Viki flybridge on a lorry leaving Brundall in Norfolk a couple of days ago. Hadn’t seen one listed for sale so don’t know what the story is with it.

Kikitoo

Visit site
It may be sold, but well worth watching.
Hi, it's very comprehensive video. The broker certainly did a good job. Nice to see the boat on the water too.
Just to come back on the Sedan model with galley opposite the heads, we've owned her for 2 years and I absolutely love it. You do need to consider berthing though and take account of the elements, we have a bow thruster but no stern thruster, ideally a retro fit was possible we'd do it. To give you an idea if the quality, last yacht was a Vancouver 34 pilot (Northshore Yachts) and we're of the opinion that the Turkish build quality is better.

Farmer Piles

Visit site
I saw the Gulfstream ad and signed up so as to be able to have a good look. Certainly nothing missed out.

Kikitoo, how do you find it when sitting in the saloon, it looks to me that the windows are too high/seats too low to see out of the side windows when at the table? I like the lines of the hull, the sweep of the gunwhale is akin to that of the ACM Elite 31. I suppose part of the boat being 6t is the quality of build and the amount of wood.