Viki 32 Flybridge and Sedan

pks1702

Visit site
We purchased a Viki 32 Sedan new from Boatshowrooms in 2004.

I was impressed with the build and workmanship the woodwork was a real feature.

We had a Single Yanmar 240hp which was encomomical and never let us down. For her size due to the build quality she was no ocean greyhound but was very sea kindly when things cut up a little. She kept us safe cruising around the East Coast and took us to the continent without any issue.

She had a bow thruster but a significant prop walk but this soon became a freind when berthing or coming alongside. I fitted a fishfinder transducer and the lay up was staggering no wonder she was no lightweight.

She went to the Norfolk Broads and had a couple of owners, some of the sale images made me quite sad, fortunatly she found the right owner.

A great boat we miss her but glad she found an owner that loves her as we did.
20090926-IMG_0840 (1024x522).jpgKiki Helm1a (534x800).jpgIMG_0707 (1024x777).jpgIMG_0708 (1024x863).jpg

Last edited:

pks1702

Visit site
Full loaded we cruised at around 14 knots.

The original prop I think was a 'cross over' prop which may have been a compromise between River and Sea she was definitly under propped 14 knots at WOT with the tide was the best I got.

Had a fascinating visit to Clement Engineering where Paul basically calculated what I would need for a new prop to get the cruise speed more comfortable from the information supplied. He hand sketched what he had in mind with larger blade areas did a few calculations and came up with the specification. He then took me for a tour of the facility which was impressive and 4 weeks later my new prop arrived.

I had her lifted and fitted the prop and really wondered if it would make the difference Paul indicated - it did. I don't know why I should be surprised as Clements really know their stuff, 14 knots was now very comfortable, and speed she liked.

New and old props
IMG_3540 (1024x573).jpg

Farmer Piles

Visit site
What a difference. Larger diameter, more surface area and it looks like more pitch. No wonder you noticed a difference, a real gear up.
I always think that props like that are a think of beauty. Lovely lines and curves - not to mention the engineering skill.

Farmer Piles

Visit site
Thanks for that but not quite what I am looking for. Good value though. Given our climate and the fact that I want to venture out into the Western Approaches, I think that the Nimbus type cruiser is more my thing. I suppose that in order of preference it would go something along the lines of;
Aquador 32C
ACM Elite 31
Nimbus 310/320
Viki 32 Sedan
Antares 9/9.8
MF 9.25

Ish, anyway. I went down to Mylor last week as they had a Gobbi 315 and a Cranchi 33ft. The Cranchi was seriously bling but also quite cool. For me, the amount of canvas on Sports cruisers puts me off a bit. That said, never say never!!

I have rather resigned myself to the fact that there is boat buying madness doing the rounds alongside a campervan and caravan frenzy. A side effect of Covid infection methinks. Meanwhile, I have a tidy Yamarin 59HT that I enjoy very much. So not all bad.

Still on the lookout though.

Bat21

Visit site
I saw the Gulfstream ad and signed up so as to be able to have a good look. Certainly nothing missed out.

Kikitoo, how do you find it when sitting in the saloon, it looks to me that the windows are too high/seats too low to see out of the side windows when at the table? I like the lines of the hull, the sweep of the gunwhale is akin to that of the ACM Elite 31. I suppose part of the boat being 6t is the quality of build and the amount of wood.
I thought the same when I first looked at them, in reality you don't notice it when on board probably because you can see out of the saloon aft when seated or all round from the pilot seat, we tend to spend more time in the cockpit than in the saloon, we have a warm air outlet in the cockpit.

TheCoach

Visit site
There is a Viking Marin 285 just come up recently, quite a rare beast from the same factory I believe. We aren't quite ready to buy yet and still not willing to pay the "Covid premium", this one seems to be about £20k more than it was bought for in 2019 if Youtube vid's are anything to go buy, but a nice looking boat all the same...... Viking Marin 285 :)

Cheers,

TC

Kikitoo

Visit site
I saw the Gulfstream ad and signed up so as to be able to have a good look. Certainly nothing missed out.

Kikitoo, how do you find it when sitting in the saloon, it looks to me that the windows are too high/seats too low to see out of the side windows when at the table? I like the lines of the hull, the sweep of the gunwhale is akin to that of the ACM Elite 31. I suppose part of the boat being 6t is the quality of build and the amount of wood.
Apologies for delayed response, been out of commission these past few weeks.

You ask about sitting in the saloon with the higher windows, well strangely this is a plus. Previous motorboat was an Acquador and to be honest I felt like it was living in a green house when in a marina, zero privacy.

In the Viki, with the doors, overhead hatches and the spacious cockpit there's no shortage of views or light. Having previously sailed, also used to smaller windows. In all seriousness the window height would be my preference and was something I liked from initial viewing.

Farmer Piles

Visit site
Thanks Coach, not bad money either were it not for the VAT on top. Would be a cool trip to bring her home too. I have heard that there maybe one coming up in Derry too, but this might be the one.

Mr Googler

Visit site
Always liked the look of those. Not sure it is a £95k boat though, mind you market is nuts.
You are not wrong! The was one for sale last year for £60k that sat for a good while.

I could swear it was the one linked but had a different helm seat

Megs20Burt!

Visit site
Just got back from the weekend at the boat and found a Vicki 32 fly bridge almost next door! our boat has been out of the water waiting for spares since early February and we went back into the water last Wednesday.

Its a very good looking boat up close and the interior looks excellent and high quality. Small world??

westerlystorm

Visit site
@Kikitoo I see this thread is 3years old but do you still have the Viki.

I'm looking at one for our cruising grounds on the Scottish West Coast and would like feedback on their sea keeping capabilities as we have The North Channel to negotiate from Northern Ireland.

Many thanks

Gareth

Apologies for delayed response, been out of commission these past few weeks.

You ask about sitting in the saloon with the higher windows, well strangely this is a plus. Previous motorboat was an Acquador and to be honest I felt like it was living in a green house when in a marina, zero privacy.

In the Viki, with the doors, overhead hatches and the spacious cockpit there's no shortage of views or light. Having previously sailed, also used to smaller windows. In all seriousness the window height would be my preference and was something I liked from initial viewing.

Aardee

Visit site
We have the Viki 34 Aft Cabin (ex-Boat Show boat...maybe the only one imported) and absolutely love it. Perfect for our needs.

Attachments

• IMG-20220502-WA0134.jpg
    IMG-20220502-WA0134.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 6