VHF (Fixed) Reset or Replace?

steveeasy

Visit site
My gx1700E can be cleared completely from the unit. Send standard Horizon a message and they will help you.
I had further issues with mine. The quoted a cheap price to fix it. I sent it to them and they sent it back within days no charge.

Steveeasy

Refueler

Visit site
Thanks for testing it, so that confirms no consistency across their models.

I think it depends on when you do it ...

If its because you enter a wrong number or want to change it - then maybe.

But if like my 55 its after an error and the radio has locked out ... then it does not work.

I'm in China at moment - return home Sunday late .. will try it again (I had heard of this 4 button before and tried it) just to be doubly sure.

My 77 - is programmed on my SR 25 ... I did think to swap to my Conq 38 .... but price on SH unit was special offer and I decided to leave the 77 where it is .. and the SH will go to the Conq 38.
The 55 is actually spare and may be used on the river as I have quite a few old fixed non DSC radios I can set up ... tell wife to get dinner ready etc. !! :LOL::D

Last edited:

Refueler

Visit site
My gx1700E can be cleared completely from the unit. Send standard Horizon a message and they will help you.
I had further issues with mine. The quoted a cheap price to fix it. I sent it to them and they sent it back within days no charge.

Steveeasy

There's another thread on here ... bit old though ... about user being able to clear SH radio ....

I have two Cobra radios .... 55 + 77 ( a couple of their 2W HH's as well) ..... but decided to get a SH unit for my 38 ... partly because of that thread.

Obviously I cannot post the PC program and full details of the Cobra reset on here .... but it is online if searched for .....

Refueler

Visit site
Thanks a lot @Refueler . That's all very helpful. I've heard back from Cobra, and as you have said, it needs to go to a local dealer.

All the advice above is much appreciated. Thank you.

The dealer I used would not do the reset in front of me ... he put radio under counter and told me to come back in an hour ...

I am pretty sure - they use the mono jack plug into the radio and small PC program to reset it - which I found online.