Vendee Globe and Alex Thomson / Hugo Boss

ctva

Visit site
I have to say the VD media is absolutely pants. Can’t even get the live stream on YouTube..

Their tracker is pants,
the website is pants
The live finish coverage is pants.

Bathdave

Visit site
I have to say the VD media is absolutely pants. Can’t even get the live stream on YouTube..

Their tracker is pants,
the website is pants
I’m quite shocked that Dalin is minutes from finish and none of the platforms (YT, FB, website) are operating ..must be something gone technical ?

Ravi

Visit site

Their tracker is pants,
the website is pants

Add in the fact that their daily VG English broadcast is horribly amateurish with Andi randomly waving his hand over the weather/ tracker maps and mumbling something like, "errrr. and emm there you have the ... errrr... routings / weather / whatever". Before chatting to the guests about their own VG ambitions for 4 years in the future. You could forget that there is a race going on.

Add in the fact that 95% of the videos from the competitors are in French and it seems beyond the wit of the VG media management to find one of the billion online subtitle interpreters who ply their trade on the Internet. And, they say they want to stretch the VG audience beyond France. Well, duh, how about paying (quite literally!) a few euros to have each of your French videos subtitleded/dubbed into English, Spanish, German, Chinese and Japanese?!!!!

Great race. Utterly shambolic media organisation!

EDIT SPeeeling

Ravi

Visit site
Talking about how sh1te, the VG tracker and media team is ....

Apparently, Charlie crossed the finish at 19:35:47 UTC.

At 19:30 UTC, the VG tracker reported that Dalin was 1.5 Miles from the travelling at 11.6 kts.
At 19:38 UTC, the VG tracker reported that Dalin was 1.2 Miles from the travelling at 6.2 kts.
At 19:41 UTC, the VG tracker reported that Dalin was 1.2 Miles from the travelling at 7.3 kts.
At 19:43 UTC, the VG tracker reported that Dalin was 1.3 Miles from the travelling at 6.1 kts.

No fireworks and trumpets just bad data!

Allan

Visit site
Now Charlie's finished, Boris is heading for third across the line which will make him the winner, until Yannick crosses.
Allan

Ravi

Visit site
According to the VG tracker, Boris has been doing 6.5-7.5 knots for the last 30 minutes - changing his expected finish time from 5.7 hrs to ~ 12 hrs.

Either something is broken or there is a very strange localised weather anomaly. Either way, it looks like the race belongs to Yannick. The question is whether Boris can get a podium place.

ctva

Visit site
That has totally spoilt the whole race and excitement of the closest finish inVD history.

That is what it will be remembered for not whoever wins it.

ctva

Visit site
Hmmm.. Is that a comment about 'foreigners' from the Brexiteer anti-European country?
WT# did that come from?

It followed on from some of the commentary on the live broadcast about the fact that it would be a massive blow to French esteem (I paraphrase) if a foreigner who is German on a Monaco boat won.

Zero to do with anything else.