Upper Guadiana

Visit site
I've just read that the navy is carrying out a survey between Alcoutim and Pomarão which is due to be completed by the 19th. As they talk about increasing safety for leisure sailors and tourism I presume that they intend to install some buoys.

GHA

Visit site
I've just read that the navy is carrying out a survey between Alcoutim and Pomarão which is due to be completed by the 19th. As they talk about increasing safety for leisure sailors and tourism I presume that they intend to install some buoys.

Yep, that's the word on the street. More pillars buoys going in. Why bother, say most, not like it's difficult.........some budget to get rid of maybe..

Visit site
Still Portuguese bureaucracy is a bit like quantum mechanics, - it works but no one understands how and it's quite strange... ;)

The tourism lobby is quite influencial so the authorities are saying that this is for the convenience and safety of tourism boats.

Ludd

Visit site
No doubt we'll hear from a resident before long but no sign of bridge works as far up as Alcoutim/SanLucar 3 months ago when we were up the river.
I suspect you are at cross purposes here!
The Navy has actively been surveying from Alcoutim to Pomerao. Any pillar buoys will reduce anchoring possibilities and give us light pollution, as they have already done.below Alcoitim. At Fox, when they marked the channel,some boats had to move. The will happen upstream.
The bridge proposal was only decided on.in October, so I doubt if anything has happened yet!
Not there at mo, back in LaLa Land.

jeanne

Visit site
A fellow SanLucar resident was upset by the newspaper report, and went to talk to Pepe, the Alcalde, about it. He says that Pepe was very relaxed about it, and said that "there´s no money for it". It is true that a high level bridge would be extremely expensive. The river is about 200 metres wide, and the hills that would be the starting points are about as much again.
Then Pepe started talking about HIS pet project, which is a low level footbridge, with an opening span to allow passage to boats!