update on "red diesel in the Netherlands"-thread

heerenleed

www.heerenleed.com
update on \"red diesel in the Netherlands\"-thread

After pressing them for a real answer to my question the taxman (or tax-woman in this case) sent me a mail stating that the customs will consider foreign receipts of red diesel "valid" for one year after issue. In other words, you should be fine if you can prove that you topped up your tank with red diesel up to one year ago.

If anyone is interested in receiving the email correspondance (in Dutch) to be able to put it under a customs officer's nose in case of trouble, please PM me giving me your regular email adress and I will forward the correspondance to you.

Meanwhile, enjoy your cruise to the Netherlands.

Cheers

Marsupial

Visit site
Re: update on \"red diesel in the Netherlands\"-thread

"Consider", now that’s a weasel word to conjure with.

My tank holds 200 litres, I keep it topped up one trip a year to the fuel pontoon does it, I filled it 3 weeks ago, so I know that last year I used 57 litres, the year before 40; most it goes through the heating system. However, it would appear that for Dutch purposes most of my fuel is beyond "consideration" - so what does that imply? Would I have to make a contribution (consideration).

As I have said before, I want a quiet life, wrangling with customs officers over dye colours isn’t part of it – there’s a lot of sea out there.

Bergman

Visit site

Absolutely right

I go sailing to get away from hassle and argument.

I certainly am not going looking for it.

Sorry but for me the cloggies have blown it.

Chris_Robb

Visit site

Surely if the fuel is being used for the heating system, then Red diesel is legitimate. so fitting 2 tanks - a small one for running the engine inside territorial waters, and the other for generating electricity (charging batteries) and heating, and the main engine outside terratorial waters!

heerenleed

www.heerenleed.com

Yes, i have been thinking of this as well, as we are liveaboards and the heating system is quite thirsty. But make sure there is no (visible) fuel line between your red diesel tank and the engine. Also, have a separate fuel filter for the red diesel, as clever men can always find proof of red diesel in your fuel filter, even if you haven't used red diesel for a ling time. Otherwise I totally agree, let's try and con the taxman as much as possible.
cheers

PeterGibbs

Visit site

Well done Snowgoose, this whole diatribe over Dutch officials and diesel has been blown up to F12 proportions. Anyone denying themselves the great pleasures of Holland on account of something the Dutch take no practical interest in just leaves more space for the rest of us - good one!

Emjaytoo

Us: Kent; Emjaytoo: Holland; Kate: Conyer Creek
www.emjaytoo.net

A few British boats on the Veerse Meer last weekend, otherwise very quiet probably due to the weather.

But what solitude!

IMG_2618.jpg

/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif