Top 3 Med marinas with...

Star-Lord

Visit site
Where are your top 3 Med marinas with the least amount of fouling (at least 200nm apart :)) so your hull stays clean as possible?

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Ah! Great news. Handy for going to after a Malta boat yard.
What boat yard are you going to use,MMH or Malta yacht yard or are you planning to use Joe yard by the free port ?
Malta yacht would come recommend once but their prices have gone through the roof .
Joe ok but the yard is about a mile down the road and boat gets tow there and now I think he won't let people work on the boat.
MMH I say is probably the best choice now , we had a friend cat lifted out last year and it was ok for them to stay on board and no problem me working on the sail drive .
Pulled out later after noon , work done that evening and next day , and back in within 48 hours .
I think the haulout and back in plus yard was around £500 .

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Stand still in Gela for a minute or so and they will have your laces from your shoes, cleanest fuel around though.
TBH we spend in all six winters over the years split between both marinas MDR licata plus no end of time in Sicily it self . Sirucuas has a problem with dinghy thief and the north also but other then the odd bike theft where people just leave their bike unlock around both marinas it's been fine .

Star-Lord

Visit site
Absolute best is Sani in Halladiki. The whole grounds of the big resort drain rain through the marina to the sea. Every time it rains the marina turns from salt to fresh for a couple of days. Nothing survives
Fantastic information, many thx. Let me check where this is... So deepest Greece! A good excuse for pottering over there.

Star-Lord

Visit site
TBH we spend in all six winters over the years split between both marinas MDR licata plus no end of time in Sicily it self . Sirucuas has a problem with dinghy thief and the north also but other then the odd bike theft where people just leave their bike unlock around both marinas it's been fine .
A winter in Siracusa would be amazing, I have heard the fouling is really bad there?

Clancy Moped

Visit site
Have they got rid of that noxious concrete plant Licata?

RupertW

Visit site
Fantastic information, many thx. Let me check where this is... So deepest Greece! A good excuse for pottering over there.
We loved the year we were based there. The resort around the marina has endless mostly upmarket bars and restaurants but not noisy late. Thessaloniki was a great city to visit Summer and Winter but it was the Sporades a day sail away (alas now a marine park in the best anchorages)

sailaboutvic

Visit site
A winter in Siracusa would be amazing, I have heard the fouling is really bad there?
Fouling can be bad but what may look like a good safe harbour it can be quite bad plus the holding in places isn't great .
I wouldn't use the marina , pontoon have broken away , if you really wanted to spend time there , by the little boat yard there an wall you be tucked in on that if there room, if you draw more then 1.9 you have a problem